Slide Room leaking

Porkchop

Last year I found that the slide was leaking after a heavy rain - almost hurricain force.

I brought it to a local RV dealer and they said they adjusted it but didn't really find a problem. We didn't really have anymore "driving rains" so we didn't notice any leaks. I have noticed from day one that our main slide always looks a bit off from the day we picked it up. Even after the "adjustment" it looked exactly the same. The dealer said it's normal for it to look like that. Being newbies - I believed them... BUT again this year after the RV is in a more exposed spot and after another "hurricane" type winds, DH discovered that the carpet was very very wet again. (we had it covered during the winter).

We also found that mosquitoes and flies were easily getting into the RV through gaps in the slides... is that normal?

Question
1) how often do I have to get the slides adjusted?
2) How much does it usually cost to have this done?
3) Should I call the original place that adjusted the slides in the first place or has time gone by long enough that it's up to me to get it adjusted again?

Thanks!
Irene

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I just got done with having my slides adjusted for a second and third time. Finally they are adjusted the way they should of been done. My recommendation is return it to the original dealer then if still not satisfied find another that services your product. First the slide must be leak proof then aesthetically pleasing. I did not give up with my dealership until they got them the way I thought they should be, little or no noticeable or unequal spacing. It can be done its a matter of how much time they want to put into it. I was persistent on this matter and it took more time then allowed by the so called book.

Porkchop

Thanks! I will see about getting it re-adjusted again... call the deal I had it done in the first place (I'm not sure what type of response I will get from them, but I haven't really enjoyed my dealings with them. They are very short and sometimes even rude...).

I will see what I can do. PS how much does it cost for an adjustment usually? Just curious. Thanks!

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
If out of warranty the shop hourly rate should apply. But if you had them adjusted the first time under warranty I would think they should cover it again as a reoccurring item.

Murry135/Capt. Wingnut

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Call HL service and explain what has and is happening. See if they will send you to another service center to repair the slide and leak.