Slide seal and floor probelm

bdb2047

Kitchen slide rear corner. At location where bottom seal and side seal end they are tearing and floor is damaged. Floor damage is where floor roller travels and at end of travel when slide is in. Roller seams to be OK but can hardly see it. Slide looks to be close and open properly. Have some pictures last one is undamaged front end of slide.Any suggestions? slide seal 004.jpgslide seal 002.jpgslide seal 005.jpgslide seal 006.jpg

Garypowell

It could either be that something got "caught" and with hydraulics you'd never know it. And then it finally tore loose. Or maybe some road junk damage....and then just like above something had to give.

no matter you have to replace with new.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like the rubber seal got caught under the slide roller. There may be a piece of galvanized metal there that is supposed to prevent that.
Sometimes the seal has to be repositioned a bit lower.
As far as the damaged under floor, here is a pic of what I have done. Easy fix.
Oh, by the way, my 3585RL is the same floor plan as your GC so I know exactly what happened. It happened to me, same place.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365113364729.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365113364729.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 79

bdb2047

It looks like the rubber seal got caught under the slide roller. There may be a piece of galvanized metal there that is supposed to prevent that.
Sometimes the seal has to be repositioned a bit lower.
As far as the damaged under floor, here is a pic of what I have done. Easy fix.
Oh, by the way, my 3585RL is the same floor plan as your GC so I know exactly what happened. It happened to me, same place.

Peace
Dave

Dave
There is a piece of tin behind seal and in front of roller does not appear to be damaged at all. What did you use for metal looks like flashing in picture? Did you adjust slide any? Appears to a problem for last 6-8" of travel and has been OK for 3 years.Was thinking of jacking that end up a 1/16.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't make any adjustments. I think it is just the weight of the slide running on the rollers that destroys the plastic coating.
I bought a chunk of galvanized duct material and cut it to size.
Make the sheet metal strip about one inch wider than the roller.
Use stainless screws and pre drill the holes in the metal. Be sure the screws will be outside of the roller.
Measure for length, jack the slide up a bit, caulk the metal, put it in place and screw it down.
I also used a 2x4 up against the metal before screwing it as to get a good fit to the wood.
I measured for length with the slide out and made sure the roller was going to be on the metal in any position.
I had to do the job on the next roller as well.
Any questions or if you need more pics, I think I have some somewhere, just ask.

Peace
Dave