Slide selector, independent operation

MTG46

Just bought a 2011 Big Country 3250, slides appear to all operate from one control. Has anyone found a way to put a slide selector into the hydraulic system? On occasion it would be nice to select which slides to operate and which to not.

Mike

hoefler

You may already have it. Look up in the basement on the off door side above the left landing gear for the pump. See if there is a series of valves and a rocker switch.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The first photo is a shot of a BC hydraulic pump at the factory. The black knobs are the selector valves. The second photo is a side view of mine, with four slides. In the BC photo, you can see the outside switch for running the slides. In mine, it's hidden behind the wiring.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
There are valves on the pump bracket and also a rocker switch to open the slides from outside. Should be marked as to which slide they control. You can turn off the slides that you want to stay in. A word of caution...never open the slides from outside unless you have walked the inside 1st. You have no idea how much damage can be done by something in the way of a slide moving in or out. Dont ask how I know.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The Big Country may not come with slide selectors. I do know that someone one the forum has added them to his rig, so if you do not have them, it can be done.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
They may be specific to certain models of BC, or an order item. The one in my photo was at the Rally plant tour and I thought they said they were running BC's on the line that week.

MTG46

Thanks for the numerous responses. That particular year/model apparently does not have a selector manifold. Although the dealer hasn't finished prepping the unit, when I was checking it out I found four hydraulic lines leaving pump, two orange/two black. It was obvious two went up to the bedroom slide and the other two went down below the basement.

Looks like a retro fit will be in order. Anyone out there had their unit done?

Thanks again for the very supportive group, Mike