Slide Toppers?

I am thinking of installing slide out toppers on my 2017 Bighorn, what do you all think? Do you still need to clean off the toppers before you closeup?? Who did your installations? Thanks for the information.

TurlockBill

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I would definitely go with Donetic over care free.

I love them except for when its windy. They can be annoying.

No if you have the regular toppers you do not need to get up there and clean them of. Most everything will fall off as the slide comes in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

esscobra

here in south texas - will never go without them - on first trailer dealer talked me out of ordering them from factory - put them on aftermarket and ordered them on my bighorn-
if your ever in hot sunny areas you will notice the huge difference in temps of slides the make as well as protect the slide roof and seals

CDN

B and B
Hello had them on two Rockwood trailers. Do not have them on the Bighorn but the new Landmark has them and I agree stuff just falls off. We camp in the forest, needles and leaves stay away from the seals.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
First 2 trailers (Sundance and Big Country) did not have slide toppers. Purchased our Landmark with factory installed slide toppers, and will NEVER be without slide toppers again! The benefits far outweigh any negatives, in my humble opinion. :cool:

jbeletti

I've had the Dometic A&E slide toppers on all 8 of my 5th wheels - love them. For me, and I travel a lot, i'm only bothered with wind flapping them, once or twice a year.

SLO

Love them but....If there’s enough snow to sag the topper, you’ll have to get up there to clean the snow off before pulling slides in. Other than that they’re great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big-B

I read a thread from a guy who had them and took them off because of the noise that they caused in wind. Maybe not a problem in most areas but where we winter in the foothills of a mountain range it is windy a lot so we don't use them. Also no trees there so that helps a lot. Wind is the only downside that I can see.

mlpeloquin

Never had wind flap mine that I noticed them flapping. I got them right after the first hard rain on the slide roofs. What a racket! Then try and sleep with that noise! We had ours installed by our independent RV repair business. Would not be without them. Another vote for Dometic.