Sliding wall problem

DougS

Doug S
We started pulling our door side slide wall in on our 2016 Bighorn when we noticed a major problem, the top of the wall did not come in, only the bottom. We stopped the wall movement immediately and took a picture. We then pushed on the outside wall and bumped the switch outward and the wall returned to normal position. We then started bringing the wall in inch by inch by bumping the switch to 1 foot from being closed. The top of the wall must have hung up on something, but what, we do not know, there was nothing on the roof.
We looked under the slide and all of the connecting brackets to the wall are bent approximately 10°.
We called HL for guidance and would have drove right to the factory but they are months out for repairs. They gave us a dealer where we were near and they are two weeks out.
When we fully closed the wall, the bottom of the wall is 1 1/2" from being closed. We are not sure if wall will not leak when driving in the rain.
We have a request in with HL for factory repair and we are waiting for a response. We are sure many parts are bent and need replacement.

(Sorry for sideways picture, unsure how to correct)

Attachments

• IMG_3943.jpg
    IMG_3943.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 73

Garypowell

Had this problem on our last unit (3010RE). Way out of warranty and HL did not have their service center.

Took it it to a Camping World in Orlando and they took a week and fixed it with great success for $1,000.

I know....Camping World!!!???? But this was 8 years or so again.

Please keep the gap protected from the rain.....if HL does help they probably won't help with consequential damage.

DougS

Doug S
Had this problem on our last unit (3010RE). Way out of warranty and HL did not have their service center.

Took it it to a Camping World in Orlando and they took a week and fixed it with great success for $1,000.

I know....Camping World!!!???? But this was 8 years or so again.

Please keep the gap protected from the rain.....if HL does help they probably won't help with consequential damage.

Gary, did you ever figure out what hung yours up, I am at a total loss. I must have had my slide in and out over 100 times without a problem.

Garypowell

Did not mean to mislead you.....ours did not hang up. The wall just flopped in and out (from being perfectly perpendicular to the horizontal plane of the floor) as the bedroom slide moved in and out.

So i guess it did hang up a little or it would have not moved/flopped.

I was was told it simply broke loose and they took the room out and reattached the wall to the "floor" and it was fixed.

From your description you might have a roller or two that broke and caused the jam.

More than anything I wanted to let you know it was fixable.

danemayer

If you're sure there's nothing obstructing movement up above, look underneath at how the moving parts are attached to the outside wall at the bottom.

DougS

Doug S
If you're sure there's nothing obstructing movement up above, look underneath at how the moving parts are attached to the outside wall at the bottom.

I've looked underneath and besides bent brackets and compared to the opposing slide, all looks OK. I am convinced it's something on top, but traveling, I only want to operate the slide at a minimum. I now have an appointment at HL for October 2. It's a long way to go, but I want it fixed right and hopefully HL can find the problem.