So what is everyone up to this winter?

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Lakeland FL

cdbMidland:

We have wintered at Zephyrhills FL for the past 7 years, not far from Lakeland. We had a double-wide in a Senior Park and sold it last April in order to give RVing a try. Just reserved a space in Baker Acres RV Ranch in Zephyrhills yesterday for January thru March 2007. We have a lot of friends in that area and enjoy line and regular dancing at the local parks and Elks, Eagles lodges.

We get to Lakeland fairly often to shop.........will have to look you up this winter. Took in the Tampa RV Show last winter and also saw our first Bighorn at Bates RV in Dover FL. Managed to find a local dealer(?) near us here in Wolverine MI and bought the 3055RL. Plan to travel out west thru the Dakotas, Montana, Idaho, and Washington next summer.

Tom & Sharol

J

jjjelm

Hello...We are set to leave Oct 1 in our new 3055RL BH for our first winter with the new rig...we will stay gone untill June 1 from our mountain home in Wyoming. We won't go to FL ( St.Joe area) this year but will spend most of the winter in AZ, NM and Texas. It is very exciting to have a new, wonderful, & bigger winter "home". Wonderful Wyoming

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Hi Jim
Alpenlite had a rally 2 days before the Rally, at the site, so they where all parked together, probably 150 of them. It might be possible to "book" something. One could phone and ask. Yes there where lots of units, but we did not feel crowded at all. The website says that this next year there will be more onsite parking so there should not be any satillite parking this year.
We had so much fun last one in Redmond we just have to do it again.

J

Jim_1899

The midwest winters are actually very good for camping. Crystal my wife and I enjoy going up Clarksville and see the bald eagles, at time there are both Gold Eagles and Bald Eagles. Sometimes as many as 100 eagles fishing and souring. We also enjoy going and camping, while bow hunting and coming back to a warm camper and a great meal. I hope to learn to winterize my own camper so that I can use the water too this year.

Last edited:

bowtorc

Winter

Hi Guys

Deb and I will be leaving for Brownsville, Texas right after Thanksgiving and will return to Illinois in March. We lived in Leesburg , Florida for a few years and are now giving Texas a try. Illinois is our home close to the grandchildren and kids but we dread the winters.
We spent last winter there in our Mt. Rushmore and really enjoy the area. Shopping for Deb and fishing for me as well as sightseeing. We have a lot in Winterhaven Rv park in Brownsville. If anyone is in the area please stop in and see us.

Roger and Deb Bowton

sharmulst

Hello to all
We are busy planning our fall and winter excursion. Leaving about Oct. 10, first going to see family in Wash. state and Oregon, then on to southern Calif to see grandkids. Right after the first of the year we will go to Yuma for a while, then on to St. David, AZ. Our plans are then to go to Abita Springs and then along the gulf coast to Florida. For this winter the most we will be staying in one place is 2 weeks. Looking forward, haven't been anywhere with the 5fer since the rally in Goshen in June so anxious to go.
Our plans for now are to arrive home shortly after the first of April. Hope to see some of you in our travels. If you see us stop and say "Hi" and we will do the same.
Steve and Sharon and muffin the cat:)
Bighorn 3500RL
Emerald green 1997 Dodge RAM diesel 4x4

Karl

2006 Chevrolet 3500 SRW
I have not gone on a forum before so not sre if I am doing this correctly...

Loretta and I go to gulf side of Florida from Jan 1 to mid April. That is actually going home for us, since we are one of the mixed up people. Originally from Florida and retired up here in Minnesota. Children and grandchildren up here. We stay at Riverside Rv in Arcadia but actually closer to Port Charlotte. The park is all rv's no trailer park. so far...
This will be out 4th year at the park. The first two years we travelled around the state which become very hectic with limited space. Looking forward to the rally in May.

jpmorgan37

Hi Karl;
Welcome to the forum and from an ex Minnesotian, enjoy your winter in Florida and don't get caught in any storms on the way down.
John

ct0218

Welcome to the Forum from a native Floridian. I used to fish the Peace River just south of Arcadia years ago. Actually, I used to launch my boat at Lettuce Lake and run upriver towards Nocatee. Usually fished an area called Iron Lake (actually the old river channel that closed off and became a lake). Caught a lot of big snook there. Big snook. You're probably the only person on the Forum that knows where I'm talking about. That is a beautiful part of rural Florida, hopefully it has not grown too much since I was last there. Enjoy.

J-W&E

Greetings from the Rio Grande Valley

Jim and I spend the month of November at Fredericksburg RV Park in Fredericksburg Tx and have now traveled south to the Rio Grande Valley. We are staying at Llano Grande Lake Resort thru Feburary. We intend to spend March in the Hill Country.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Season!!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Karl,
Never been to Minnesota or the part of Florida that you are talking about, but want to travel in our 5er to many areas when we retire. We still have some years to go, but still looking forward to it. Welcome to the family and have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Blessed New Year. Terry and Renee

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

ct0218
I hate to bust your bubble but I to know what a BIG SNOOK looks like. I grew up in West Palm Beach, before it was spoiled by all of the yankees, me included, and now are going half way back. That is why we are called Half Backs. Also all of Florida is getting built up even the Everglades, ain't it sad.

ct0218

Fireflipper--as you can see I live in NC and FL. The whole story is my wife hasn't retired quite yet and she lives in FL. Next year she will live in NC with me. Rural parts of FL are changing as well though probably slower than the urban areas, but it is far different than the state I grew up in. I feel more at home in NC than I have in FL for a long time, but it is changing here too. The bullet train and pig amendments to the FL constitution, and the south FL hanging chads were a little more than I could take. I fish some out of Boca Raton and Ft Lauderdale for dolphin (the fish!) and sailfish, and what a zoo it is there. I'm either out in the atlantic, or inland where the more sane people seem to live. It is sad.

trdeal

Clark, as they say in the song, I LIKE CALLING NORTH CAROLINA Home. How about those 70 degree temperatures on Dec. 19th.

ct0218

I had to bring out some short sleeve shirts the last few days. 8 degrees on 12/8, 68 degrees today!

christianson

Jan. 2nd 07 leaving minnesota takeing the bighorn 3055 to Welton AZ for 3 months of ATV rideing inthe deasert and mountians.

trdeal

ct0218 said:
I had to bring out some short sleeve shirts the last few days. 8 degrees on 12/8, 68 degrees today!
We know that we will pay for these 70 degree days sooner or later. But we will enjoy them while we can. I just hope the weather is this nice at the beach next week.

davebennington

We are going to try our hand at some winter camping at Zooland resort in Asheboro, NC in January just to see if the Golden Gate is up to our expectations. This will be our first winter camping adventure with this trailer.
I am sure I will have to re-winterize when we get back.

Dave & Julie:)

trdeal

Dave, we have some camping friends that live near Zooland. They tell me that it is a nice campground. I know that the weather can change in a hurry here in NC, but if the last week or two is any indication of what the weather will be in Jan., bring your shorts. I know this weather can't last forever , but we are going to enjoy it while we can. If you need anything while you are in North Carolina,let me know. We are only about 2 hours away from Ashboro.Have a very Merry Christmas and I hope that all your family stays well.:D Terry and Renee

Princess Kathleen

We are in Midtown, NC at Caney Creek Resort (a NEW campground about 40 miles west of Knoxville off of US 70
www.caneycreekrvresort.com/) All my children are coming in (Canada and Louisiana) to Kingston at oldest daughter's home. Planning to stay here for a month then move to NC.
So far we have stayed very warm in our Luv Shak...gone through 12 degree weather. But still want to see a bunch of snow.

PK