So what is everyone up to this winter?

jbeletti

Jim,
How did you use your United Miles for a cruise?

Many of the airline mileage reward programs have a tie in with a cruise line. The year we used United Miles, United had a tie in with NCL. Here's a link to one such promotion.

We fly and acquire mostly American Airlines miles now. This year, besides using mileage awards for flights, we've used them for 5 nights at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas. Great way to offset travel costs.

Jim

CRBowman

F350man
This is to Cheryl in WV. Just coming on as a new member from WV also. My wife and I have taken several cruises and enjoyed them a lot. Really like the looks of your truck and 5th wheel. If I may ask where did you have the truck graphics done. We're thinking about buying a Big Country and have a white F350 to pull it with. We'd like to get graphics on the truck if possible, but don't have any idea of where to start. We'd appreciate any help you could give us. Thanks.

Last edited:
We're in Rockport, Tx for 3 months then plan to take our new Rushmore (which we should be able to pick up pretty soon) to Alaska for the summer. They've been telling us they are making "improvements" to the Rushmore and just noticed today there is a revised floorplan. Looks like they've enlarged the bedroom and substantially changed the bathroom. It appears that the only way into the bathroom will be from the hallway. Not sure how that's going to work since from the bedroom you'll have to go into the hall and around the door to enter. Really like the idea that they have lengthened the kitchen island and placed the sinks nearer one end of it.

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
Hi All,
Betty and I have changed our winter adventure from Key West to Homestead Florida from November to March, to try and see what the inland living is like so far it's sort-a-kind-a-alright, not like the island living but still warmer than home.
Happy Wintering Ya'll

sgtbigb

Jim, a lot of folks wonder why we cruise a least 60 days a year, I think you are about find out why:=) Warning stay away from the Buffet Line.:=?

jbeletti

Jim, a lot of folks wonder why we cruise a least 60 days a year, I think you are about find out why:=) Warning stay away from the Buffet Line.:=?

Gene - I admire your and Song's willpower while cruising. Especially the back to back to back ones - wow! And cruising to where it's warm sure does beat wintering in the north :)

See you at the rallies!

Jim

GOTTOYS

We're heading for the Texas Hill Country this Friday for a couple months. Our first time anywhere for this long. Excited and apprehensive at the same time..Left the BC in KS right after Thanksgiving so we wouldn't have to pull it through a blizzard or -20 degree temperatures. Turns out that was a good idea....Don