SOLVED: No 12V Power - Battery Good

Theresau

On our way and stopped at rest area and we have no 12V power. Landing gears work good - we tested. Son suggests fuse blown between converted and battery. This happens on his TT. His is right by the battery. Any idea where this is? Any other ideas?

danemayer

Re: No 12V Power - Battery Good

Joe and Theresa,

There's a 12V automotive style circuit breaker with a manual reset that sits between the battery and the convert/12V fusebox. If it trips, all your 12V stuff works while on shore power, but not while unplugged, and your battery no longer gets charged while plugged in.

The stabilizers, hydraulics and a few other 12V things may still work because they're on the battery side of the circuit breaker.

Here's a link to our 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide which explains this common problem in detail with pictures of the circuit breaker and reset button. The breakers are located in close proximity to the battery.

danemayer

It seems to be a common, but not necessarily a repetitive problem. I've not heard an explanation of why.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just to update this thread, I had the same identical problem after taking delivery on our 2014 CY 4100. I read this thread, the 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide, and went to work. I could not find a 12v circuit breaker with a "reset" button for the life of me. I have 5 parallel 12v breakers on a BUSS bar. After testing them all I found the culprit, a 50AMP breaker had blown. It's an auto reset type with no "reset" button.

Thought I might save someone time from looking for a breaker with a reset button, when one does not exist.

The other thing I learned is that 12v 50AMP breakers are not commonly found in stores. Ended up special ordering it online (got a spare just in case).

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

For future reference, the breakers can be found at automotive parts and marine dealers.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

For future reference, the breakers can be found at automotive parts and marine dealers.

Thanks Dave,

That may be true in your neck of the woods, but not around me. I called every single local auto parts from home town to franchise chain. As soon as they heard "50AMP" I got the same response in tone and substance "Unh not a 50". They have 20's, 30's and even 40's. 50's are not typically used in auto applications. Heck, even 3 different Camping Worlds didn't have them "in stock".

The 2 points to my thread contribution were simply that 1.) not all breakers have a reset button, and 2.) 50 amp breakers are not as readily available as lower amperage breakers. Just trying to help the next guy, thats all.

wdk450

You may be more likely to find these breakers at an RV supply store, as they are very commonly used in motorhomes between the engine alternator and the RV "house" battery system.