SOLVED: No Lights come on with battery power

RCULVER

Wow! I guess I'll be a bother. Dealers not open Mondays. Everything worked in our new 2015 Bighorn 3160 until we got home. We don't have a 50 plug for ac, so we resorted to battery power. But the leveling didn't finish properly, leaving a couple of legs off the ground. And then the lights never would come on. I've checked and made sure the batteries are on and showing good charge. At the risk of appearing both anxious and a little lazy (I'm sure it's all in some manuals)... I'm posting to see if I'm missing something. We were told the inverter was automatic... no switches to turn on or off. The in out on slides seemed to work okay and the front legs worked fine to raise hitch off truck. BAFFLED... :confused:
Roger

danemayer

Re: No Lights come on with battery power

Hi RCULVER,

If the interior lights don't come on, but you have power at the batteries, the path from batteries to the inside fuse box has been interrupted. There's a 12V DC mini-circuit breaker near your battery that has a manual reset. It sounds like it's tripped. It also sounds like you don't have a full charge on the battery. I've attached pictures of the breaker. Look for a teeny-tiny very hard to see reset button. The breakers may be covered by a red rubber boot.

We also have a 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide that may help.

If you have a residential refrigerator, the Residential Refrigerator User Guide has diagrams and pictures that are more representative of your setup.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 26
  • circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 21

maddog

Huhmina ! Huhmina!

keep vehicle hooked up(just power cord) ,running when leveling //or 110volt//it will stop breaker from tripping

RCULVER

keep vehicle hooked up(just power cord) ,running when leveling //or 110volt//it will stop breaker from tripping
Thanks Maddog... great photo. That little reset button on the dc breaker wiring is just too small. I'm just saying, if it were me dealing with me I'd make something like that at least as big as a sore red thumb. I feel pretty dumb when it comes to rv schematics. I take it the tv, micro wave and outdoor radio want nothing to do with dc power, as I don't have a shore connection and not too much works. BUT THE LIGHTS ARE ON AND THE AWNING WORKS AND THE JACK LEGS GO DOWN AND UP. Also, isn't Mr. Danemayer the best help ever... :rolleyes:
ROGER

farside291

If you leave the power cord plugged into the truck just make sure the bed of your truck isn't under the front of the trailer when leveling. Sometimes the front can drop below the rails of the truck and crush you truck.

RCULVER

Yeah, I was thinking about that... leveling takes the front legs down. Thanks for the very essential safety tip.
Roger