SOLVED: Residential Fridge problem

Re: Inverter for fridge problem

Thanks Dan,

As a new owner, it really gives me the warm and fuzzier to see that the manufacturer is on the ball and backs their product. I could not be happier about our purchase from Heartland.

Rod

Bones

I had what I thought would be an inverter issues and it turn out that it may be the Fridge itself. My inverter kept going into overload and Heartland sent out a new inverter very quickly and the new inverter didn't work. After my camping trip I pulled the load from the fridge and it is hitting 12 and 13 amps well past the 6 amp posted on the fridge. Eventually the compressor craps out after 30 seconds of this. I'm planning on seeing a dealer soon to have it checked out now. I'm not really sure what may be wrong.

jbeletti

I had what I thought would be an inverter issues and it turn out that it may be the Fridge itself. My inverter kept going into overload and Heartland sent out a new inverter very quickly and the new inverter didn't work. After my camping trip I pulled the load from the fridge and it is hitting 12 and 13 amps well past the 6 amp posted on the fridge. Eventually the compressor craps out after 30 seconds of this. I'm planning on seeing a dealer soon to have it checked out now. I'm not really sure what may be wrong.

Bones - sorry to hear this. 12 amps is huge for the refer. Let us know the outcome of this. Hoping it's a simple in-warranty refer swap.

Bones

Bones - sorry to hear this. 12 amps is huge for the refer. Let us know the outcome of this. Hoping it's a simple in-warranty refer swap.

It is in for repairs now so I will hopefully know sometime soon what the outcome is

Bones

Camper has been looked at by the dealer and they finally did determine that a problem does exist. They are waiting until a certified refer person can come and give a diagnosis on what is wrong. The speculation is that the compressor is bad so I don't know if they will replace the unit or repair in place. I am also not sure if they replace the refer if they will have to pull the whole slide out.

Bones

Dealership determined it was the compressor and replaced it in place