SOLVED: Residential Fridge problem

Hunter11

Re: Inverter for fridge problem

So the plot thickens, I get home today to find a box from Heartland. It is an Ingersoll Rand Thermo King 41-7784 invertter, WHAT? The last I was told was that I would be receiving a new Magnum upgraded inverter. So far I cannot find much on this Ingersoll Rand other than a couple that were sold cheap on Ebay. I guess I will be on the phone in the morning calling my POC at Heartland and see what this is all about. From what I did find it shows to be 1800 watts continuous which makes me wonder why they would send me this one if they insist a 1000 watt will work fine. I am thoroughly confused........

Miketnsa1

So the plot thickens, I get home today to find a box from Heartland. It is an Ingersoll Rand Thermo King 41-7784 invertter, WHAT? The last I was told was that I would be receiving a new Magnum upgraded inverter. So far I cannot find much on this Ingersoll Rand other than a couple that were sold cheap on Ebay. I guess I will be on the phone in the morning calling my POC at Heartland and see what this is all about. From what I did find it shows to be 1800 watts continuous which makes me wonder why they would send me this one if they insist a 1000 watt will work fine. I am thoroughly confused........
Everything usually boils down to the bottom line NOT customer satisfaction...Check the price of a 2000w Magnum vs. the 1800 Ingersoll Rand and you'll probably discover why they didn't keep their word? Using a cheap inverter will run your frig till the warranty expires and then you'll be purchased a new frig out of your pocket AND STILL need a quality inverter!
Funny, I was dead set on purchasing a Voltage but my salesman said I'd advise you to purchase a Heartland because "IF" you have a problem they stand behind their trailers...If I only read this thread first I never would have purchased the residential frig, and probably wouldn't have purchased Heartland...another problem is they should offer an 8k Diesel Generator with the residential frig as in 80+ Degree Weather the 5500w generator can't run (2) ac's, the frig at over 10 amps at start up along with other electronic items

alethaj

Everything usually boils down to the bottom line NOT customer satisfaction...Check the price of a 2000w Magnum vs. the 1800 Ingersoll Rand and you'll probably discover why they didn't keep their word? Using a cheap inverter will run your frig till the warranty expires and then you'll be purchased a new frig out of your pocket AND STILL need a quality inverter!
Funny, I was dead set on purchasing a Voltage but my salesman said I'd advise you to purchase a Heartland because "IF" you have a problem they stand behind their trailers...If I only read this thread first I never would have purchased the residential frig, and probably wouldn't have purchased Heartland...another problem is they should offer an 8k Diesel Generator with the residential frig as in 80+ Degree Weather the 5500w generator can't run (2) ac's, the frig at over 10 amps at start up along with other electronic items

We traded in a 2013 Voltage 3795 for our 2015 Big Horn 3755 FL...had trouble with the Voltage from day of purchase....had to replace motor in bedroom and living room slides twice..had to replace floor in living area..new microwave...window leaks...keyless entry not working right..to many to memtion....our only problem now is the inverter for the fridge...I think Heartland should make us a deal on a generator..then I will feel better about the fridge..

danemayer

We traded in a 2013 Voltage 3795 for our 2015 Big Horn 3755 FL...had trouble with the Voltage from day of purchase....had to replace motor in bedroom and living room slides twice..had to replace floor in living area..new microwave...window leaks...keyless entry not working right..to many to memtion....our only problem now is the inverter for the fridge...I think Heartland should make us a deal on a generator..then I will feel better about the fridge..
You won't want to run the generator all day while traveling. The Onan 5500LP will use about .9 gallons of propane per hour. 6 hours of runtime will cost you over $20 at current prices.

Hunter11

Just an update after researching this a little more. The Ingersoll Rand Thermo King inverter looks to be a Xantrex inverter built for Ingersoll Rand. There is very little information I could find on this inverter. I looked over the manual last night and it shows a peak surge of 3600 watts and a continuous 1800 watts. I am waiting for a call back from Heartland now so I can try and find out why I was sent this one instead of one of the upgraded Magnum's.

Miketnsa1

Just an update after researching this a little more. The Ingersoll Rand Thermo King inverter looks to be a Xantrex inverter built for Ingersoll Rand. There is very little information I could find on this inverter. I looked over the manual last night and it shows a peak surge of 3600 watts and a continuous 1800 watts. I am waiting for a call back from Heartland now so I can try and find out why I was sent this one instead of one of the upgraded Magnum's.
Is the Rand Pure or Modified Wave?

Miketnsa1

Wow! You mean Voltage is STILL having problems with their Slides? I heard about that 4 to 5 years ago! I guess an inverter is nothing compared to preparing to return home and you can't get your slide in...Still it's frustrating, the finest coaches on earth use Magnum--We purchased a TH witg a Magnum--If you KNOW a 2000w Magnum will solve the problem then why are they "experimenting" with customers? Do that at your R&D department! On the LP generator...I just traded a Domani that I had tons of trouble with...If you camp in temps of 45 F and below make sure you are drawing LP from BOTH tanks at the same time or your LP tanks will freeze and shut down your generator--I also had problems running the Onan 5500 in very hot weather--Never had these problems with Gas and Diesel Gensets in the past

alethaj

I loved having the generator in the Voltage....but the other problems just became too much...decided to go back to a regular 5th wheel and lose the garage. I am so unhappy with this inverter problem not sure what to do...we are great when on shore power but can't travel anywhere and have a working fridge...I am almost ready to say just put in another type fridge that runs on LP...I loved the idea of the bigger fridge but it is useless if we can't go anywhere!!!..what is the purpose of a travel traler??..TRAVEL!!..that which we can't do!!

porthole

Retired

Somewhere in your posts you mentioned that you traveled 45 minutes and the temp went from 0 to 29 degrees. That is not an inverter problem.
Many people travel with the LP reefers turned off with no issues.

I do not recall if it was mentioned here yet. But, for those with residential units, have you turned off the feature that keeps the doors warm?

Miketnsa1

I loved having the generator in the Voltage....but the other problems just became too much...decided to go back to a regular 5th wheel and lose the garage. I am so unhappy with this inverter problem not sure what to do...we are great when on shore power but can't travel anywhere and have a working fridge...I am almost ready to say just put in another type fridge that runs on LP...I loved the idea of the bigger fridge but it is useless if we can't go anywhere!!!..what is the purpose of a travel traler??..TRAVEL!!..that which we can't do!!
I wish Heartland would simply tell me what they are paying CW for the inverter upgrade and simply allow me to pay the difference for a 2000w Magnum "Pure" the labor is exactly the same--Trust me you don't want to have to run across the nation running a generator just to keep your frig cold--For reference in 95 degree heat I needed to run the generator for about 30mins to bring Freezer Temps back down to 0 and frig back to 37

Hunter11

I was told by Heartland NOT to install the Ingersoll Rand in our trailer. It was somehow sent by mistake. So we are back to waiting for a fix like everyone else.

alethaj

Somewhere in your posts you mentioned that you traveled 45 minutes and the temp went from 0 to 29 degrees. That is not an inverter problem.
Many people travel with the LP reefers turned off with no issues.

I do not recall if it was mentioned here yet. But, for those with residential units, have you turned off the feature that keeps the doors warm?

Have no idea where to look for that feature....will have to pull the book out and see if it says anything about a door warmer...I just know that traveling 45 minutes in 93 degree temps is not good for food in a fridge that has no power to it.

porthole

Retired

Have no idea where to look for that feature....will have to pull the book out and see if it says anything about a door warmer...I just know that traveling 45 minutes in 93 degree temps is not good for food in a fridge that has no power to it.

In one of the trailers at Urbanna the discussion came up with this inverter issue. Since it didn't affect me I only listened but really didn't pay attention. Anyway, I think it was Andy, the Landmark rep that showed the option in the control panel of the fridge. Keep in that new Landmark has a different fridge then the rest of you. It is only 18 cubic feet. And I do not remember which trailer we were in when accessing the feature. There were several residential units there.

kseagle

Update on the inverter problem in our 2015 Key Largo, built mid-March. Received a call from our dealer yesterday that HL will be sending a replacement inverter. Because of the multiple problems it could be a few weeks though. DH didn't ask what the replacement will be. It looks like all of the comments on this forum have encouraged HL to address his problem relatively quickly. Thanks for all of your help.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

porthole - I have been thru the Frigidaire manual inside out and outside in for our unit & it doesn't have the option to turn off the door dehumidifier. Our home KitchenAide frig has a switch inside the door to turn it off and on but this model in our Key Largo doesn't have that option. Does any one else know about this?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Ok - just went out to the Key Largo and ran my hand all around the seals and checked inside the door on the hinge side for the switch and guess what - none nada.

Hunter11

If you have to turn the ice maker off and if we had a door dehumidifier turn it off just to make the fridge work on the inverter that tells me the inverter is running to close to max. Are any of you owners of 2014 models with the residential fridge and inverter having to shut those things down to make yours work?

jbeletti

It may have been the Samsung in the Newport demo that had the dehumidifier shot off switch.

aRAYwego

Nothing to shut off on mine either. As an update fridge still worked as it should on multiple trips with the 2000w Magnum inverter. One trip after returning home, I forgot to turn the fridge off, so it ran on the inverter all night til about noon the next day. Batteries still showed about half charge and fridge was still maintaining 5° freezer and 37 ° refer.