SOLVED: What brand/model converter did the 2006 Bighorn Line use in the 3400RL?

Hey, just a quick question, but what brand/model of converter did Heartland use in 2006 on the Bighorn line? The unit's in the compartment that requires removing a number of screws and I haven't a chance to do so yet, so I was wondering what it might be, so I'll know if I need to upgrade it to a better quality unit from bestconverter.com or not when I go to replace the junk battery the trailer came with.

danemayer

Re: What brand/model converter did the 2006 Bighorn Line use in the 3400RL?

2006 models have been in use for probably around 7 years. Is there something happening that makes you think you might need to upgrade to a better quality power converter after all this time?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

For a definitive answer, you might call Heartland with your VIN. They may be able to reference their past production files.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

To confirm Jim's reply, our 2007 has a PD9260C with the built in Charge Wizard.

2006 models have been in use for probably around 7 years. Is there something happening that makes you think you might need to upgrade to a better quality power converter after all this time?

I'm the second owner, and I've owned it approximately two months. Having done a lot of work on custom charging systems, I know that alot of RVs tended to come with poor quality converters, like Magnetek, Centurion, etc... that were good at boiling batteries to death. So, before I invest a sizable chunk of cash into a new battery bank to replace the single battery the trailer has right now, I wanted to be sure I didn't need to replace the converter first with a proper three-stage.

jimtoo

For an 06 model you really need to check to be sure of what you have. I had an 06 and it had the cheep boil=em dry converter. At some point in time they changed to a better unit.

danemayer

I'm the second owner, and I've owned it approximately two months. Having done a lot of work on custom charging systems, I know that alot of RVs tended to come with poor quality converters, like Magnetek, Centurion, etc... that were good at boiling batteries to death. So, before I invest a sizable chunk of cash into a new battery bank to replace the single battery the trailer has right now, I wanted to be sure I didn't need to replace the converter first with a proper three-stage.
I'd recommend you take down the rear basement wall and look at the unit. Keep in mind that the original unit, whatever it might have been, could have been replaced by anything.

Just an update on this, realized I got busy and never got back to some of my posts. The trailer did in fact have the Progressive Dynamics 9260 in her, I found the model when I pulled the partition wall to replace the leaking hand thread connectors on the water heater with proper brass Sharkbites.