Soon to be Owner of 2011 2800RL and have questions

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
We will taking delivery of our 2011 2800 RL next week. I took tons of pictures and look a the entire rig, but the after reading many of the post had some questions. I guess I can not wait for the walk thru to ask. Can you please help:

1. I read in another post that there was no 12 v plug in there trailers. Does any 2800RL have a 12 plug in their rig and if so where?

2. I did not seem to have any photos of where the power boast is for the antenna was, in my previous trailers, that was next to the 12v plug, any one know where it is hiding?

3. Regarding the 50 AMP cord, I have seen and thinking about to purchase the 30 amp lighter cord to use in the 50 Trailer side plug. In my 30 trailers, they came with an adaptor to plug into a 15 Amp shore power or to plug in to my house. Does the 50 Amp cord come with any adaptor to get me down to a 15 amp circuit plug or at least down to 30 amps and then I can use the 30 to 15 amp. Basically all parks I go to have 50 Amp, but when I want to be on shore power, how do you plug your 50Amp cord into your house outlets?

Thanks Ahead of time for all your help.

JASMAR (Tom)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Tom, Congratulation on picking up your new rig. I'm not sure why, but Heartland seems to have ended the use of a 12 volt outlet in most of their trailers. The good news is the antenna amp is still located behind the antenna connection and still has a light and button next to the coax connection. Your amplifier still may have a 12 volt outlet. If you didn't see it, look in the TV cabinet in the bedroom.

As for a 50 amp adapter, yes, you can purchase a pigtail adapter from 50 to 30 amp from your dealer and use the smaller plug adapter to reduce the 30 amp to 15/20 amp.

skyguy

Tom -

First congrats on joining the Heartland family! I added a 12v outlet in our 3670 - took about 20 minutes. In our rig, the fuse panel sits below one end of the countertop.
It was pretty easy to:
1. Disconnect from all power, battery of shore
2. Drill a hole in the cabinet just below the countertop, corresponding to the size of the 12v adapter.
3. Remove the fuse panel from the wall - just a couple of screws.
4. Fish the fires from the 12v adapter, and attach them to an open slot on the fuse panel.
5. Install a fuse for that slot.
6. Reconnect DC/Ac, test
7. replace fuse panel, etc.

you would thing that as pricey as these rigs are, Heartland would include a 12v adapter! But on the plus side, I used a 12v adapter that had been rattling around in my spare parts for a few years.

Al S.