South Fork Colorado Camping

fritzwell

Have been checking out the South Fork area and have found three possibilities, Grandview, South Fork Lodge and Aspen Ridge. May be additional, but that's all I've found on the web. We've spent time in the area over the years, but have never RV camped. Looking for input or a recommendation for South Fork area.
confused.png

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Several years ago some hunting buddies and I stayed at Ute Bluff Lodge. Nice friendly owners clean etc. we stayed in a couple of their cabins but as I recall the RV park behind the motel appeared adequate. Just east of town beside USFS access across the road from fishing etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We have stayed at the Mountain Views at Rivers Edge in Creede a couple of times. We like it a lot and will return. There is a decent grocery store and hardware store in town but no Wal Mart. The nearest one is in Alamosa, about 70 miles away.

brianlajoie

Check out RV park reviews. There are 11 campgrounds in this area. I use this web site with others to plan trips. I have found the reviews to be fairly reflective of the campground.

fritzwell

Check out RV park reviews. There are 11 campgrounds in this area. I use this web site with others to plan trips. I have found the reviews to be fairly reflective of the campground.

Thanks everyone for your help, found a couple places we'regoing to check out, Wagon Wheel Gap and Creede. Hoping to take our second to youngest granddaughter before she starts her first year at Fort Hays State.
This forum is totally awesome !