Spreading the word

Lou_and_Bette

Bette an I arrived here in Hilden, Nova Scotia this afternoon after leaving Edmundson, New Brunswick this morning. While traveling, we stopped at smaill diner near Sussex, NB for lunch...good food and friendly waitresses. I was wearing a Heartland Owners hat when the young lady who was the dish washer made a comment about which trailer we had. She mentioned her boy friend had just bought a used 2012 Big Horn. I asked her if the dealer had mentioned the forum or club and she indicated they had not. Bette and I told her about the forum/club, the rallys including national and that they could join the forum for free and there was one year membership available for free also. She seemed very interested and would talk to her boy friend tonight. Then, when we entered Nova Scotia, we stopped at the Welcome center and parked next to an older gentleman with a new Sundance. He is from Ontario and not heard about the forum or club either. he indicated he did have some questions and I assured him he could find answers on the forum. We may see him on there soon. So easy to promote a company that I believe in, and a great bunch of people on the forum and in the club. Here for 5 more days and then back to the US

olcoon

Re: Speading the word

X2 for us Lou! After we left Goshen, we stayed at a state park in Ohio & got to talking to a couple with a North Country who had never heard of the forum or HOC. Told them about it & they were real interested & will probably join both soon if they haven't already. Also got them hooked on Munzee. Now we are in a campground in Winesburg, OH Amish country & there is an Elk Ridge here that is the same model as ours. They are on it's maiden voyage, only had it a couple of weeks. Again they hadn't heard of the forum & HOC. They are also interested. I showed him some of the mods I've done to ours, & how he can't wait to get home to do some of them to his! Like you said it's easy to promote a company & product that you are happy with & has some quality to it!

MikeR

Maybe they hadn't gone through all of the paperwork (manuals, etc.). When I picked up my 2014 BC their was a flyer included describing the HOC.

jbeletti

Thanks everyone for spreading the word about the forum and the club. If more first-time owners plugged into these networks from day 1 of ownership, they'd learn so much more about their product and the lifestyle.

Happy camping!

Kbvols

Jim
perhaps Heartland could place a sticker close to the Vendor numbers sticker referencing the forum as well as the club. Should be a pretty inexpensive communication tool. It would also be more readily available to new and used owners...well assuming it was not removed. Just a thought.

Mizmary

I talked to someone in a brand new wilderness at the San Diego KOA and he mentioned that they signed him up for the club when he purchased. I hope that was true. I told him about the forum and the club. I'm sure we will be seeing him on here really soon. ;-D

yport

Lou & Betty ... enjoy your time in Nova Scotia ... great country. The Welcome Center you were at is in the town of Amherst at the border crossing. We live on Cape Cod, but have a 100 acre wild blueberry farm just 10 miles in from Amherst on the way to Oxford. We'll be there next month for the harvest. Enjoy ....

jbeletti

Jim
perhaps Heartland could place a sticker close to the Vendor numbers sticker referencing the forum as well as the club. Should be a pretty inexpensive communication tool. It would also be more readily available to new and used owners...well assuming it was not removed. Just a thought.

Keith and Kim,

Thank you for this suggestion to help "get the word out" about the forum and the club. Heartland corporate agrees. On our next printing (in about 3 months), the decals will be changed to include this.

Check your mail in a couple weeks for a thank you from me!

Jim

TXTiger

Another idea would be to have an online website to register your rig for its warranty after purchase. Then Heartland could send a confirmation email for the warranty with info about the forum and HOC.

Kbvols

Keith and Kim,

Thank you for this suggestion to help "get the word out" about the forum and the club. Heartland corporate agrees. On our next printing (in about 3 months), the decals will be changed to include this.

Check your mail in a couple weeks for a thank you from me!

Jim

Jim

thats awesome. It's a great forum and club. From a business perspective I believe the combination provides a competitive advantage so it's great to see the Heartland Leaderships agrees.

olcoon

On our way home, we stopped at a rest stop on I-70 in MO. Capped some Munzees & was walking back to the truck when another Elk Ridge pulled in. Talked to the owner & he'd never heard of the forum or HOC. He was a new owner from PA enroute to Glacier NP. Gave him a card with the forum's website & told him about HOC. He seemed pretty interested.