Strange awning behavior

RottsNScotts

Hi - I put my awning out this morning when all was peaceful and quiet here in Laramie, WY. A bit of a breeze kicked up while I was taking a nap. Nothing appeared amiss when I went to roll up the awning except the awning rolled up inside out!

Does this indicate something is badly wrong? Can I fix it?

Thanks!

jimtoo

Are you sure you pushed the right end of the button to retrack??? Some or most of the awnings will roll up backwards/inside out if you push the extend side when it is already extended or out.

Jim M

RDsStudio59

Is it possible you rolled it the wrong direction when putting it in? Roll it back out and go past full out and keep going rolling it back in the other direction. Just a suggestion. I have not personally done this but wonder if it is possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Is it possible you rolled it the wrong direction when putting it in? Roll it back out and go past full out and keep going rolling it back in the other direction. Just a suggestion. I have not personally done this but wonder if it is possible.

Yep, it has happened to me.

RottsNScotts

I don't know how I would do that by pushing "Retract" but maybe. Once the wind quits, I will try your idea! Thanks!

RDsStudio59

Good luck. Let us know your results for the "strange stuff happens" chapter.

jnbhobe

It's a 12 volt DC motor after you go over Center it will keep running and roll it back up backwards

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
It's a 12 volt DC motor after you go over Center it will keep running and roll it back up backwards

Our awning stops when it's fully extended.

I've held the button up to about 5 seconds and it hasn't started to roll up backwards.

I hardly ever put it out more than half way so it hasn't been a real issue.

RottsNScotts

It worked! I am all straightened out now! Thanks!