Such A Deal

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Still going. The roughest times are at work but home is a little easier now. I'm very thankful for this support and for my Heartland friends who are staying in contact Renee, Terry, Sam & Larry you guys are the best assist a girl could have! Thank you.

BTW, Terry tell Renee I said good luck today!
Thanks Debbie, I will tell her.Good luck to you.Can you tell any difference in how you feel since you have quit?

lwmcguir

CBS DIDN'T STOP HIM- THIS IS GREAT

//heartlandowners.org/cid:C420831055C84B63A4B3A3367E6E24F4@darlauo1dk59cb
-
Good
for him!!!

Surprised
CBS let him get away with this even though he's
right

Andy Rooney
said on '60 Minutes' a few weeks back:

'I don't think being a minority
makes you a victim of anything except numbers.

The only things I can think of that are truly
discriminatory are things like the United Negro
College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment
Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have
things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America ; and see what happens.

Jesse Jackson
will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I
think killing makes you a killer. You can kill
someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the
Boy Scouts for a reason, which is why there are no
girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE
YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE ?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is
not a phobia, it is an

opinion..

I have the right 'NOT' to be
tolerant of others because they are different,
weird, or tick me off.

When 70%
of the people who get arrested are black, in cities
where 70% of the population is black, that is not
racial profiling; it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are
selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a
newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in
English! As a matter of fact, if you want to
be an American citizen, you should have to speak
English!

My father and
grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the
countries you were born in to come over and
disrespect ours.

I think the
police should have every right to shoot you if you
threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you
can't understand the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in
English, see the above lines..

I don't think just because you

were not born in this
country, you are qualified for any special loan
programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax
breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop,
trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of
certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars
to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they
could come over here and tell us our constitution is
a living document; and open to their
interpretations.

I don't hate
the rich I don't pity the poor

I know pro wrestling is fake,

but so are movies and television.
That doesn't stop you from watching
them..

I think Bill Gates has
every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more.

If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and
put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village
to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to
stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds
when necessary, and say 'NO!'

I think tattoos and piercings

are fine if you want
them, but please don't pretend they

are a political statement.
And, please, stay home until that
new lip ring heals.
I don't want to look at your ugly
infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of 'Political
Correctness.' I know a lot of black people, and not
a single one of them was born in Africa
so how can they be 'African-Americans'?
Besides, Africa
is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a
European-American because my great, great, great,
great, great, great grandfather was
from
Europe.
I am proud to be from America
and nowhere else.

And if you
don't like my point of view, tough....

I
PLEDGE
ALLEGIANCE
TO THE
FLAG,
OF THE
UNITED
STATES

OF
AMERICA
, AND TO THE
REPUBLIC,
FOR WHICH IT STANDS,
ONE
NATION

UNDER
GOD
INDIVISIBLE, WITH
LIBERTY
AND JUSTICE

FOR ALL!

I was asked to send this on if I
agree or delete if I don't. It is said that 86% of
Americans believe in God.. Therefore I have a very
hard time understanding why there is such a problem
in having 'In God We Trust' on our money and having
'God' in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we just
tell the 14% to BE QUIET!!!

If
you agree, pass this on, if not
delete

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Progress Report

Well, it has now been over a week and things seems to be going better than I had expected. Not too much turmoil at work helped tremendously and the support from my HL friends has been great! Special thanks to Terry and Renee Deal who touch base daily for support and Jim B is the man. With everything he has on his plate, he finds time to call or e-mail me just to express his support. Gus, you are so supportive and I appreciate it more than you'll ever know. I am overwhelmed by all your assistance no matter what form it comes in. I am currently suffering from a terminal headache (a withdrawl symptom) but this too shall pass.

I understand that Larry & Sam are still doing well and so together we are getting over this addiction. Heartland Teamwork! JB keep up the good work on the weight loss. You too are doing great! I really understand how difficult it must be for you!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Debbie, the headaches are the worst part. There doesn't seem to be any asprin strong enough to relieve the tension.

trdeal

Way to go Debbie,Larry and Samantha and JB.It is hard but you can do it.It really is a lifestyle change and being willing to make that change is a step in the right direction.You know what they say,when the going get tough the tough get going.Renee and I know that you can and will do it.Whether it is losing weight or losing weight.And remember we are just a phone call away.Hey how about a run on the beach in Rondanthe?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Thanks for the offer of a jog on the beach. I'm afaid with my current consumption rate of lifesavers and lollipops, :eek::eek::eek: I won't be ready for a jog! You run, I'll walk and catch up with ya later! Better yet, bring your bikes! :D

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The strange thing about being an ex-smoker is you can't stand to be around or smell the odor of cigarettes. It really stinks and I never realized when I was smoking how offensive I smelled to others. I also never realized how everything I was around, clothes, furniture car reeked of that offensive odor. Everything in the closet did too. I also never realized how dis-colored everything taking on that yellowed nicotine smoke hue. I assure you all that us ex-smokers have the right to not be forced to inhale your 2nd hand smoke as you puff away outside the entrance to a building we are about to enter. I am so grateful that I belong to the non-smoking ranks. BTW - in most cases your health insurance rates will DECREASE if you are a non-tobacco user. If you don't believe in the dangers of tobacco use I challenge you to come and hang around with me at M. D. Anderson Cancer Hospital in Houston for a few days. I guarantee you will become a believer in the dangers of tobacco use. Every time the urge to smoke hits you just remember how difficult it is to go through 28 Radiation treatments and 6 weeks of Chemo. Think about how you feel when your food tastes terrible, and you are have nausea and vomiting due to your Chemo/Radiation. Think about how you will have to face the rest of your life facing the likelihood of the return of your cancer and how you will look forward with dread of the quarterly, semi-annual, and annual checkups to recheck you for cancer. I could go on but I assure you the picture is not pretty. Good luck in your journey to be an ex-smoker and remember you will never be a non-smoker because once you have smoked the damage is done. Yes, your body will heal some of the damage but some damage is so long term you never know. Welcome to the ex-smoker ranks.

trdeal

Thanks for the offer of a jog on the beach. I'm afaid with my current consumption rate of lifesavers and lollipops, :eek::eek::eek: I won't be ready for a jog! You run, I'll walk and catch up with ya later! Better yet, bring your bikes! :D
I like the bike idea better!We decided last year that it would be nice to have our bikes at the beach.

truknutt

Committed Member
Well, it has now been over a week and things seems to be going better than I had expected. Not too much turmoil at work helped tremendously and the support from my HL friends has been great! Special thanks to Terry and Renee Deal who touch base daily for support and Jim B is the man. With everything he has on his plate, he finds time to call or e-mail me just to express his support. Gus, you are so supportive and I appreciate it more than you'll ever know. I am overwhelmed by all your assistance no matter what form it comes in. I am currently suffering from a terminal headache (a withdrawl symptom) but this too shall pass.

I understand that Larry & Sam are still doing well and so together we are getting over this addiction. Heartland Teamwork! JB keep up the good work on the weight loss. You too are doing great! I really understand how difficult it must be for you!

Way to go, Deb!!! ;)

I found this suggestion on one of the "Quit Smoking" websites:

"For Headaches: Take a warm bath or shower. Try relaxation or meditation techniques. Do more physical activities. Cut down on coffee and cola drinks."

When you start to feel the need.....check this out...

From the American Cancer Society Guide to Quitting is this list of short & long term benefits of quitting:

"When smokers quit -- What are the benefits over time?

20 minutes after quitting: Your heart rate and blood pressure drops.
(Mahmud A, Feely J. Effect of Smoking on Arterial Stiffness and Pulse Pressure Amplification. Hypertension. 2003;41:183.)

12 hours after quitting: The carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal.
(U.S. Surgeon General's Report, 1988, p. 202)

2 weeks to 3 months after quitting: Your circulation improves and your lung function increases.
(U.S. Surgeon General's Report, 1990, pp. 193, 194, 196, 285, 323)

1 to 9 months after quitting: Coughing and shortness of breath decrease; cilia (tiny hair-like structures that move mucus out of the lungs) regain normal function in the lungs, increasing the ability to handle mucus, clean the lungs, and reduce the risk of infection.
(U.S. Surgeon General's Report, 1990, pp. 285-287, 304)

1 year after quitting: The excess risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a smoker's.
(U.S. Surgeon General's Report, 1990, p. vi)

5 years after quitting: Your stroke risk is reduced to that of a non-smoker 5 to 15 years after quitting.

10 years after quitting: The lung cancer death rate is about half that of a person who continues smoking. The risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, cervix, and pancreas decrease, too.
(U.S. Surgeon General's Report, 1990, pp. vi, 131, 148, 152, 155, 164, 166)

15 years after quitting: The risk of coronary heart disease is the same as a non-smoker's.

Immediate rewards of quitting

Kicking the tobacco habit offers some benefits that you'll notice right away and some that will develop over time. These rewards can improve your day-to-day life a great deal:
  • your breath smells better
  • stained teeth get whiter
  • bad smelling clothes and hair go away
  • your yellow fingers and fingernails disappear
  • food tastes better
  • your sense of smell returns to normal
  • everyday activities no longer leave you out of breath (such as climbing stairs or light housework)"
As Jim G. stated, those health insurance premiums will drop, albeit after significant time has allowed your body to rid itself of the nicotine residue. In my case it was 1 year after being nicotine free..this included quitting the smokeless tobacco (the blood doesn't lie, I guess). :cool:

Keep up the good work, Deb!! :p

P.S. How's John doing?? :rolleyes:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Dave thanks for the BOOSTER! It's that type of material that I have been reading to keep myself on track. Mike & Ann you too are very supportive and deserving of my appreciation.

John says he's OK but I think he is waiting for my ball to drop! I really don't think I have been a problem so far except a little mood the middle of last week. Fighthing through the headache makes me moody so FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT HONEY!

jbeletti

Deb,

You're doing great. Keep strong! You'll kick it for good :)

Glad I have no tobacco habit to kick but I am still focused on some decent weight loss. Dieting has always been pretty easy for me - it's sticking with a new lifestyle after I've achieved some pretty good success - that is the hard part.

So - I don't want to hijack your thread, but since you mentioned it - I'm >25 pounds down - maybe 27. Got a week long trade show coming up though :eek:

Club Members that are helping me at the show: Don't Feed The Bears! Me :D

Talk with ya this week Deb!

Jim