Sundance----Broken spring

Bernie55

Just got back from our Fla. vacation, ( very nice ) noticed trailer leaning to one side, broken spring...Called the dealer, they said it's out of warrenty.....2009 Sundance, bought it in fall of 2009, used it for 21/2 years... Had it weighted at 2011 Goshen rally 2200# under weight, we travel light..... Was told they don't make heave duty springs....Do i need to replace all 4 springs ???? What to do ??? Thanks Bernie

branson4020

Icantre Member
Seems like a lot of rigs from that year have lousy springs. I'd replace the springs with a decent American made set. Any suspension shop can do the work.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Did the heaver slide-out side break?
You can replace those springs with a higher rated spring very easily. (go + 300lb)

branson4020

Icantre Member
Bernie,Here's a picture of the original springs from my 2009 BH and one of the replacements. I replaced the cheap 4-leaf Chinese springs with new 6-leaf American made springs. The new springs are rated at 3300 lbs. The old ones were supposedly rated at 3000lbs.

P8190053.JPG

Bernie55

Yes it was the heaver slide side that broke...Going to a spring shop tomorrow and having 4 heavy duty springs made.....Don't know the cost yet, but at least we will have peace of mind....Thanks everyone.....Bernie

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Yes it was the heaver slide side that broke...Going to a spring shop tomorrow and having 4 heavy duty springs made.....Don't know the cost yet, but at least we will have peace of mind....Thanks everyone.....Bernie

Good move....most all RV's are underbuilt and you still have 7 States to visit. A upgraded spring for you unit should be about $50 each.
LINK