Sundance slide out cable adjustment

Randy3911

I recently bought a 2009 Sundance 280xlt and the cables for the slide out have too much slack. With the slide out "in" I can look on top at the end of the slide out and see the cables and motor. However, I can not figure out how to get too them. It looks like if I remove the "valence" on top I could adjust the cables and inspect the assembly. There are buttons on the valence that look like they could cover screws or nails, but I can't seem to remove them. Anyone know how to get access to the cables and motor?

Thanks,

Randy

jimtoo

HI Randy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Hopefully one of our members with the same unit will jump in soon with some information for you. I have heard that both cables are not tight at the same time but maybe the Heartland Owners Manuals could help you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Randy3911

Thanks, Jim

I can fix the cables, I just need to know how to get to them. . . . . it looks like if the valence can be removed then the motor and cable assembly is accessable. I may ask the factory.

danemayer

Thanks, Jim

I can fix the cables, I just need to know how to get to them. . . . . it looks like if the valence can be removed then the motor and cable assembly is accessable. I may ask the factory.
The factory doesn't typically provide detailed technical assistance on the forum. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to give you some guidance.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I didn't think they had cables...my 09 Sundance XLT had a track with gears and was easily adjustable from outside.

Randy3911

Thanks, Dan

I emailed them this AM with my vin# and question. I just figured it would be easier to ask someone here. Surely someone here has had to adjust the cables. LOL

Randy3911

....sure it's possible.
If you feel like laying on your back remove some screws from the Coroplast underbelly liner near the slide and take a look.

That does not sound like fun. . . . all of my mechanism is on the inside of the RV, on top, above the slide-out.

Randy3911

Whew!! It took about 4 hours to figure out how to get to the mechanism. But, once I got access it was pretty straight forward. Now my slide is nice and tight and works perfect.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Whew!! It took about 4 hours to figure out how to get to the mechanism. But, once I got access it was pretty straight forward. Now my slide is nice and tight and works perfect.

Good deal!
Now you can tell others how to adjust a cable slide on a Sundance 280 XLT.

Randy3911

Well, I can tell you it's an Accu-slide system. The adjustment procedure is in the Owners Manual Section of this forum. But, to get to the mechanism, along the top of the valence are a row of "buttons" about the size of your fingernail. They are really two piece covers that if you pop the top of the button off the screw that holds the valence is under the cap of the button. Take screws out and remove it. Now you have access to cables, motor, adjustments, etc. The valence is spliced in the middle, so you need two people to hold the valence or it will fold up in the middle like a cheap tent. Good luck.