Swivel Head Disintegrating

rxbristol

The check valve on the water heater is starting to vibrate so I was getting ready to change it out and noticed the swivel head on the PEX fitting seems to be disintegrating. Anyone seen this before? There is no water leakage or rodent droppings...weird.

0413181309.jpg

jbeletti

Cool beans Rex. Too bad we weren't at a rally together, I carry that part and many others as I'm always working on some sort of plumbing project.

rxbristol

Cool beans Rex. Too bad we weren't at a rally together, I carry that part and many others as I'm always working on some sort of plumbing project.

Thanks, I carry most parts, but not the two I needed. See you at the NM rally in a couple of weeks even though we're bringing our other smaller RV that's a SOB.

hoefler

The sealant used on the threads had a chemical reation with the plastic. Those fitting do not require or need any thread sealant on them.

rxbristol

I'm super happy I changed out the check valve on the water heater. Besides the check valve internal seal coming apart, the swivel head was at imminent failure.

0418181122.jpg

0418181125a.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Now you guys are scaring me! :eek:

Gonna go out and check mine in a few minutes...

Just put a new check valve on my water pump as I was getting the old 'fresh water tank is mysteriously filling itself up' poltergeist! :p

WaterpumpCheckValve-P4161994.jpg WaterpumpCheckValve-P4161998.jpg

See you guys in Alba-kiokee!

rxbristol

Now you guys are scaring me! :eek:

Gonna go out and check mine in a few minutes...

See you guys in Alba-kiokee!

I showed the swivel connector to several old-timer RVers, that have made many repairs, and they said they had never seen anything like that before. So I'm sure everyone else is OK.