Brenden

I am traveling for work and would love to take my motorcycle with me. I have found a product called the swivel wheel trailer that would be perfect but I need to add a hitch reciever to my fifth wheel. I'm looking for any information I can get about how others have gone about installing the hitch or what hitch you have used. It appears I have brackets for installing a reciever but I can't find a hitch to use.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240721_223347_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240721_223347_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    783.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20240722_001517_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240722_001517_Photos.jpg
    711.6 KB · Views: 10

VACHZHD

You likely won't find a ready-made hitch that will support this product. It requires two receivers on the hitch set apart by a couple feet. If you look on the Cruiserlift web page you'll find an engineering drawing of precisely what's required, but it leaves the connection to your rig up to you and your custom weld shop. These need to be built to fit your specific needs. Looks like a great way to take your bike along. Good luck!

Attachments

• Combine PDF (Receiver Packager Example).pdf
    242.9 KB · Views: 3

Brenden

You likely won't find a ready-made hitch that will support this product. It requires two receivers on the hitch set apart by a couple feet. If you look on the Cruiserlift web page you'll find an engineering drawing of precisely what's required, but it leaves the connection to your rig up to you and your custom weld shop. These need to be built to fit your specific needs. Looks like a great way to take your bike along. Good luck!
Yeah, I had seen that. I saw that they send the two reciever for you to weld onto the hitch tube. But I need the initial hitch assembly to weld them on to. I also likely can't get the swivelwheel trailer before I move next so I was at least hoping to throw the bike on a uhaul for this move.

david-steph2018

I am traveling for work and would love to take my motorcycle with me. I have found a product called the swivel wheel trailer that would be perfect but I need to add a hitch reciever to my fifth wheel. I'm looking for any information I can get about how others have gone about installing the hitch or what hitch you have used. It appears I have brackets for installing a reciever but I can't find a hitch to use.
Here is another option:

hoefler

Just think about your tail swing, it will increase significantly. When I had my swivel wheel, I would see it going into the other lane when turning at intersections.

Brenden

Just think about your tail swing, it will increase significantly. When I had my swivel wheel, I would see it going into the other lane when turning at intersections.
I had seen comments on that and it looks like having a backup camera would make that relatively easy to watch and keep an eye on