t-shooting the converter

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Take off the basement wall and it should be behind it. Our wall slides back and forth to access that area.

bsuds

The batteries are not charging when the unit is plugged in. We were on a 4 day trip and plugged into 30a. When we went to unhook from shore power I had no battery power. When we got home the batteries were charged back up. So they are charging off the truck.
Everything else seems ok.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a battery disconnect? It must be on if you do.
There are three 30 amp fuses on your converter. Check those. If they are out it will not charge.

Peace
Dave

branson4020

Icantre Member
If you had 12V power when plugged into shore power, but none when you unplugged, then your converter is working. If that is the case, check for a tripped DC circuit breaker.

danemayer

If by chance you're judging battery charge based on something that requires a lot of power, maybe it's a battery problem. If you have a cell that's low on water, you might have enough charge to run lights, but not slides or jacks.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you converter is out and you are on the road get a battery charger, hook it up to the battery and it will get you by until you get the converter working.

bsuds

I have checked the fuses and they are good. Thanks for the info on how to access the converter. I did not even have lights after the 4 days. Took the batteries to a shop and had them tested and they said they are good but had no way of knowing if there was a bad cell. I might try another shop as I wasn't too impressed with them as they only used a multimeter to check voltage. I am going to try and get it in to a shop under warranty as it should still be covered and I have a couple of other small issues as well. I do carry a battery charger with me.
Thanks for all the help.

Miller0758

Check all your ground wires and make sure all your connections are clean. Any corrosion will cause many headaches. You don't want to overlook the obvious.