Tack welds broken loose on the slide mechanism

bowser66

Yesterday while my wife and I were in the RV we heard a loud metal sounding pop. Upon inspecting the RV I found that the welds that held the teeth to the living room slide mechansism had broken loose. They broke loose on the outer end and now the teeth are bowing toward the ground. Upon further inspection I noticed the the teeth on the other side or the slide mechanism were bowing in places and I could see light between the teeth and the channel that it is attached to. I have a few questions regarding this. 1. Has anyone else had this happen to them? 2. Do I just have someone else tack weld them back in place? 3. What is the warranty period on these Lippert slide mechanisms? I am afraid that if I were to pull the slide in it would create more damage or that if I pulled it in I would never get it back out. Any advise or assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

We have a 2009 Heartland Oakmont.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your warranty has expired. It it were me, and I was sitting somewhere with the slides out, I would call a mobile welder and have both plates welded back in place.
I don't see any other alternative.
Seems odd that the weld would break in a static position.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I would do as Dave suggested. Make sure that they are lined up properly and have them rewelded in place. Might have them welded at more spots.