Tailgating: Is it feasible to navigate a Cyclone 4200 to tailgate at a Texans game?

SteinHaus

Assuming I can buy enough parking passes, any thoughts on navigating the traffic and entrances into an NFL stadium parking lot? Rig: F350 Dually and Cyclone 4200 TH.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Assuming I can buy enough parking passes, any thoughts on navigating the traffic and entrances into an NFL stadium parking lot? Rig: F350 Dually and Cyclone 4200 TH.

I don't know but I sure want to come party with you...lol. We tailgate at McNeese state games in lake Charles but I set up by noon on Friday and leave by noon on Sunday. No clue whatnot would be like for an nfl game.

Crumgater

We tailgate at college games with our 5er, but found NFL rules in city (Seattle) tooooooo restrictive.

Our friend maneuvered his Class A into the stadium lot, and we had plenty of people, food and fun... but the parking officials were harassing us after the game within 5 minutes of arrival back at the rig to GET OUT - we had to remind THEM that we had a full 1.5 hours to relax and let traffic dissipate before we had to leave... after a few reminders, they left us alone, but it was very annoying.

As an added bonus, our city lots prohibit things like tossing a football or playing catch in the parking lot. Kinda takes the fun out of it.

We did find a private lot around the corner, and gave that a shot (did a reconnaissance mission in a small car to gauge maneuverability)... but then the lack of all rules, regulations and/or supervision made for the opposite problem... things like people ****ing in the gutters (and all that liquid flowing downhill into our parking area) made it just not worth it.

SteinHaus

That's what I was afraid of, getting hustled out, and struggling to get into the lot. Class A is one thing, a 44' TH and F350 are another matter. Would be fun to get there the night before and stay way afterward. Guess I'll have to go to college games...

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
That's what I was afraid of, getting hustled out, and struggling to get into the lot. Class A is one thing, a 44' TH and F350 are another matter. Would be fun to get there the night before and stay way afterward. Guess I'll have to go to college games...

I have two spots at MSU in lake Charles. I will see if other camper can't make it any games if you want to come this way.

SteinHaus

Nice offer, I'll check with the entertainment coordinator and see when our next long weekend outing is. Thanks.

Boostable

I know I am late to the party, but was doing a search and came across the post. We also have a reserved spot at UF for the Florida games which allows us to arrive on Friday and stay til Sunday. "sweet" I have been to NFL football games in some big rigs, Jags, TB, Miami, Dallas, Atlanta of the all those I would only have concerns with Atlanta and Jacksonville. Doable, but tight...

Having only visited Texans (HRG) stadium in a car I would say "MAYBE".. really depends on where they put you, but I think its possible. Do some homework, drive it a before if you can and go for it..

Now if you were talking Texas stadium, aka ATT, aka Jerry's World!! No problem..... **** they might have inside RV parking in that place!

Jack