Tank heaters

Shuffmans

My 2016 Torque 325 has 1 fresh tank, 2 gray tanks, and 2 black tanks. We would like to use it to camp in the midwestern winters for a limited time 10-12 days each winter to visit family around thanksgiving. Daytime temps 20-40 degrees F, and overnight temps 15-35 degrees F. Is there an easy way to add tank heaters to keep these from freezing? Also, we would like to take a full tank of fresh water with us. Is there an easy way to add additional support to the tank straps that hold it in place for a full tank while cruising down the road?

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

HI Shuffmans,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I can't think of any post that have been made about installing their own tank heaters, I'm sure it can be done, so hopefully some of our other members will jump in with some info for you.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club, it's free now. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

danemayer

Tank heating pads from Annod Industries run about $135 per tank, plus some wire, a switch, and a circuit breaker. And of course the labor. The hard part is taking down the coroplast underbelly (and putting it back). While the coroplast is down, you can install additional support for the fresh tank. And while the coroplast is down, it's a good time to add heat tape to the fresh water feed line between fresh tank and water pump, along with insulation. The coroplast may have to be cut depending on how it's attached. If so, you might want to add 1x6" treated boards between frame members where the cuts are made so you can screw the coroplast into something and then tape the joint.

If you have a dealer do it, I'd guess you could be in the $1,500 - $2,000 range.

If any of your tanks are stacked, it could require the lower tank be removed to add the heat tape to the upper tank.

sengli

FYI, the tank heaters arent going to keep the supply lines from freezing up. Thats usually the issue when it gets cold.

Eric1234

Good morning

i always run with a full fresh water tank (even parked at home, earth quake preparedness) and I haven’t had any problems. I had a water leak that got into the insulation (shower drain came loose and filled underbelly) so I dropped the underbelly and took out the old insulation and put new stuff in. While I was down there I took out all the self tapping screws I could and replaced them all with grade 8 hardware. If anything more for the looks. I enjoy tinkering with this trailer and it’s not a hard job just takes a little time.

Have be a good day

Eric

cowolter

My 2016 Torque 325 has 1 fresh tank, 2 gray tanks, and 2 black tanks. We would like to use it to camp in the midwestern winters for a limited time 10-12 days each winter to visit family around thanksgiving. Daytime temps 20-40 degrees F, and overnight temps 15-35 degrees F. Is there an easy way to add tank heaters to keep these from freezing? Also, we would like to take a full tank of fresh water with us. Is there an easy way to add additional support to the tank straps that hold it in place for a full tank while cruising down the road?
Most of the standard tank heaters are 1500W, but the smaller tub are around 250W.
If you used a smaller tank, lower wattage heater, and insulated your tank/put a cover over it I think you could get by.

Last edited: