temperature reading from A/C

Catchum

if a person was to check the temperature directly where it blows out at the source closest to the air conditioner approximately what should it be if the system is working properly?any information would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

Hi Catchum,

I'm working from memory and could be wrong, but on a middlin' warm day, I think 58 degrees at the main cold air dump is about as cold as you can expect.

Rickhansen

Hi Catchum,
I hope you understand that your question is a loaded one.

Cooling load is based on temperature and humidity inside your coach, and the cooling capacity of the A/C varies based on temperature outside the coach. Having your fan set on high or low speed will affect the capacity of the unit, and the temperature of the discharge air also.

Generally, with the fan on high speed your discharge temp should be a difference of about 20 degrees Fahrenheit less than the air entering at the return air grille. That will hold true up to about 90-95 degrees outside, when the cooling efficiency begins to go down. I have heard that if you can maintain 15 degrees lower inside the coach than it is outside, you are doing pretty well.

On start-up particularly, your differential temperature (return air temp - discharge air temp) might be significantly less if the coach is humid inside. The latent heat load to remove the excess humidity inside the coach is a very significant load on the system. When the humidity has been reduced, the sensible heat can be more effectively handled.

Obviously, there are several factors that play into what the discharge temperature you will see. Just like at home, you can maximize you systems performance by parking in shaded areas, minimizing humidity in the coach by using vents when showering and cooking, running the fan on high speed, keeping windows and doors closed as much as possible, closing shades, and turning you A/C on early.

ncrzrbk

I agree. Generally you can only expect a 20 degree drop from the return but all is relative to ambient temps outside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
After you get the temps close to what you want. If you run the fan on medium or low, you will get colder air. The reason being....the air now is moving slower over the evaporator coil. 20-30* is about all you can expect from inside to outside air temp.