Thursday Night Potluck

jpmorgan37

Since most of us are arriving on Thursday and dinner Thursday night is on our own, we were wondering if there would be any interest in having a potluck dinner. That way we could have a good dinner, do a little socializing and get to know each other. We would like to hear what you think or if you have other ideas.

John and Sue

Midastouch

Makes me wish I had mine and was headed for the rally! Maybe next year! The pot luck and socializing sound great! Hope ya'll (had to throw in a little southern lingo in there!) have a great time!

I'm still making plans on the best time to get mine at the dealer so we can plan the trip over to Knoxville! I hate to wait until September (after Labor Day) but with summer ... kids being out of school and vacations ... might be better to wait ...:rolleyes:

jbeletti

John and Sue,

Potluck sounds good. We have loosely planned a social hour in the building from 7 to 8 pm. We can have a potluck in the building before that. Or however/wherever it comes together is fine.

Feel free to coordinate. Thank you,

Jim

Paul & Nan

Potluck on Thursday sounds good to us -agree it is a good way to get to know each other. Besides, it does not require real planning, except for the cooks in each rig. The only problem might be a big enough area available with tables for the food. Nan

Paul and Nan
06 BH 3500RL-03 2500 Duramax
N9IX mobile and echolink

jbeletti

The tables and chairs will be all setup in our building (#4) on Wednesday, so they can be used for a potluck on Thursday.

jpmorgan37

Jim;
Do you think it would be a problem if we were to use the building at, say, 5:30 for the Potluck and that way we could have it cleaned up by 7:00 for the Social Gathering? And, do you know if there are table in there that we can use? If not, I'll try to contact somebody at the Fairgrounds to see if they have tables somewhere. 4-H's have to have tables somewhere. Other than that, I don't know how much coordinating will be required but I'll do whatever is necessary. If it means eating too much (which I usually do at Potlucks) I'll do that. We just thought it would be a fun way to break the ice.

John

sharmulst

thursday potluck

The potluck sounds like a great idea. We will be in probably around noon on the 1st. Will be coming from Monticello. Both of us are really excited about the rally and agree the potluck will be a good way to get acquainted. See you all at the rally.
Steve and Sharon

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I think the potluck is a great idea, but Saundra and I arrive in the morning and register and park trailers in the afternoon. Our treat may have to be something like a dessert item that we pick up on the way.

Paul & Nan

Don't think that is a real problem. Potlucks with campers always have way more food than anyone can eat! We will be there early, but will be working registration and parking Thurs also.

Paul and Nan

arisce

potluck dinner

We think the potluck supper is a great idea and will be attending it. We are looking forward to meeting other Heartland owners. I am planning to make a big pot of chili. Can anyone else tell me what they are planning to bring?
Any other suggestions?
Karen & Bill
Big Horn 3600RL

Paul & Nan

I was thinking of a pasta and hamburger casserole-or a cherry dessert-have to decide soon as we leave home on Tuesday and I have to work everyday in the meantime. Still have to shop and load the rig to go.

Nan

Paul and Nan
3500RL BH

Tom of Ypsi

Potluck sounds good for Judy and I. Judy says she plans on bringing some type of salad that she was going to prepare for our campout for around 60 plus people this weekend which is not happening. Hopefully our coach will be fixed and we can participate next week. We are planning on getting there Thursday morning, probably around 11 am or so.

J-W&E

Jim and I will attend the potluck. I am planning on bringing a dish of baked spaghetti. We are anxious to meet everone.

jpmorgan37

Hello everyone;
We've been on the road since Thursday morning and haven't had a chance to check our messages or the forum. It sounds like we are going to have a good turnout for the potluck and thats great. Sue and I are really looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great meal.
See you all there,
John

jpmorgan37

I know that Jim suggested bringing beverages to the Social at 7:00 PM and you need to bring something to drink to the potluck. I think that since many of our drinking taste are quite varied, (hot, cold, sweet, diet, alcholic, non-alcholic) bringing our own beverages would be the best idea.

John

phranc

Hi All... Ww'll see you at the potluck if we arrive in time. Not sure how long it will take us to come from louisville to goshen.. Looks like lots of 2 lane travel.. We will bring potato salad... cheers..Frank and Sandy..