Timbrens rubber Springs

Charlie Harris

I just installed a set of Timbrens rubber springs on my new Dodge 1 Ton Dually because of the squat from the Bighorn. Easy to install and did not have to lift the suspension at all to put them on the 4x4. Great! now the truck is level with the Bighorn attached. :cool:

tmcran

I put Timbrens on my 2500 last year. Works very well.I didn't want to have to mess with air bags and etc.

vangoes

I've run Timbrens on my last two trucks. They are simple to install, require no maintenance and they certainly do the job!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've got them on my truck, too. I also did not want to mess with installing airbags, onboard compressors, hoses, etc.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
When I'm driving around on (crappy) city streets where the speed limit may be 25 to 35 mph my overloads are constantly whacking the stops and it gets pretty annoying. Will Timbrens prevent this? I know air bags will but are also more difficult to install.

JohnDar

When I'm driving around on (crappy) city streets where the speed limit may be 25 to 35 mph my overloads are constantly whacking the stops and it gets pretty annoying. Will Timbrens prevent this? I know air bags will but are also more difficult to install.

Ray, when installed, there's 3/4" to 1" of clearance between the Timbrens and the axle, so they will probably contact before the overload springs do. When I installed mine, I did not need to jack the truck or remove the wheels. Just remove the OEM bumpers and mount the Timbrens in the same bolt holes.

tmcran

I have had no problems with the Timbrens and have not had them bottom out yet. Easy install. The bolts are self threading you really need to get on them.

scotty

Yea Ray I've had both, Timbrens on a Ford and now the Firestone bags. The Timbrens may contact prior to the overloads, not sure. The bags with as little as 5PSI in them will keep you off the over loads, but if I had to do it over again I'd go Timbrens, easier to install, cheaper, and as far as I'm concerned work better.

Bobby A

Well, I wish I would of known about this last fall, while I was in Elkhart I had Dually Depot install the superspring on my Dodge Mega Cab. The trucks rear does sit up a bit higher than before, but it sure does correct the horn from squatting in the bed of the truck. I am happy with the super springs though. They do what they are intended to do. The Owner of Dually Depot told me all the transport drivers are having them installed instead of air bags.

JohnDar

Last edited:

Charlie Harris

I did not install on the front and will not unless I find a problem. My front axles are not overloaded with the Bighorn attached.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Charlie, I just ordered a set today (rears only). Going to give them a whirl and see what happen's.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Bob, That's what Kenny put on our truck when we first got the Bighorn he really likes them.

SmokeyBare

I had a set on our 2002 Chevy 2500-HD Extended cab. With the added weight I carried in a Tool box behind the cab as well as 4 Golf Cart battery bank in the front of the RV I felt they were very helpful. The fact that they require no additional attention once they are installed was a plus for me. I do understand why others install the Air Bag system but I didn't feel any difference in the quality of ride our Chevy gave us.

For those who feel they tend to bottom out and give a rough ride when not hitched to their RV, talk to Kathy & Ken (KaKampers) Adams. They have a 4500 Chevy Kodiak. They had work done after the Goshen Rally on their truck and part of that work was to adjust their Timbrens. By adjust I believe they had a small amount of the rubber cut down so it would help their ride when unhitched from their RV. They can be made shorter which would reduce the chance of a rough ride from bottoming out when the truck isn't loaded.

Marv

PSF513

Hav an 08 F250 than I put Timberens in. Today, I put airbags and wish I had skipped Timberens and gone straight to airbags. What a ride difference.

don46

Well 18 posts and pretty much all agree that the Timbrens are the ticket, then comes the 19th. So I was all set to pull the trigger, now I'm not so sure, i've used the ride rite airbags with great success, but, they are expensive and a pain to install. Now I guess I'll have to do some soul searching and make a command decision.