Tire Pressure Monitors

WBG

WBGavin
I have had a TST 507 system for over 4 years with zero problems. When I needed to change batteries I contacted TST and they sent me new gaskets and spare screws, gratis. Great people in my opinion. On the air compressor I bought a Slime unit ( WM# 001043765) at Walmart and it came in a small carrying bag. Works fine for topping off 80 lb tires and fairly fast. Runs on 12v and between the cord and hose I could plug into the 12 jack in the basement and reach all 4 tires. I don't know how long for 110lb tires.

My 2 cents, spend it wisely.

All,

I just wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate your recommendations to my question regarding tire pressure monitors. I really, really appreciate it.

There is no question that the TST 507 is othe way we will go. Now all I have to do is convince the Chef of Staff, that it is really, really necessary.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

WBG

Kosanko

If you would like I can post pictures of what happens when you don't have a TPMS and you have a blowout, and the TPMS is a fraction of the cost of getting a RV repaired after tire blowout damage...

All,

I just wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate your recommendations to my question regarding tire pressure monitors. I really, really appreciate it.

There is no question that the TST 507 is othe way we will go. Now all I have to do is convince the Chef of Staff, that it is really, really necessary.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

WBG

WBG

WBGavin
If you would like I can post pictures of what happens when you don't have a TPMS and you have a blowout, and the TPMS is a fraction of the cost of getting a RV repaired after tire blowout damage...

ark,

If it is not toooo much trouble, pictures just may get the job done!!!

Thanks so much!!

whp4262

Last summer I picked up a nail on the freeway in one of the trailer tires. My TST system alerted me that I had a tire loosing air. I was able to find a safe place to pull over and change the tire. It saved the tire and probably the side of my coach. The TST system also safes time when I'm traveling. In the morning when I'm getting ready to pull out I turn on the TST monitor and then start getting the trailer ready. Before I leave I check all the tire pressures with the monitor instead of checking each tire with a gauge. If I have a low tire I check it out and put air in before I hit the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grey Ghost

TST systems are well worth their money, have safed myself lots of problems by having one. Really, if you don't have one, buy one ASAP!

'Lil Guy'

Just ordered mine. $239.00 for the TST507 with 4 sensors. 2 year warranty was all that was offered. An additional $50.00 for a third year which I declined. If it wasn't for the inconvenience, I think I would have opted for the one that mounts inside the tire. I hate to hang an object on the end of my valve stems. I'll get to try them out in a couple of weeks when I head to the La. rally in Kinder. I've always worried about getting a flat and not knowing till the tire came apart or the extra weight on the other tire caused it to go too. Hopefully problem solved.

Birchwood

Its just another sales gimmick to sell trailer haulers items that they don't really need.I had a set and it continually caused leaks.
I just stop every two hours and check the tire pressure with my thumb.Have spent 2100 days continually in our RV and have travelled
from Canada to the south many times .

Jim.Allison

I have the Hawkshead with no repeater, and external sensors. Set screws are not necessary. Works great and is accurate.

'Lil Guy'

Like to update my last post here. Received my TST507RV and immediately removed the locking feature liking the smaller size and weight. I'll remove it when not in use. Sensors are labeled for tire location on rig. I bought the unit from Great RV Products. Unit arrived quickly with a written 3 year warranty to my surprise. My rig isn't home yet but I went ahead and programmed the sensors and tried to set the limits. A little confused, I called TST help line and actually got a live person 1st time. I don't have a clue how he did it but he had me turn on the unit and tell him how it read. His instructions were to press press the keys he instructed the amount of times he instructed. I did this and he said I was good to go.lol The guy knows this unit. He told me to put the sensors on my rig and they should read and work as advertised with the proper limits set. If I have any issue to call them while at the vehicle and he would help me out. Don't foresee a problem but this company is amazing. Great customer support with a smile. Also received extra o'rings and washers for battery replacement with another set on the way. Their tech department is 7 days a week form 9 til 9EST. Great company to do business with.

TX_Clay

Is there much difference between the TST 507RV and the TST 510RV? They are pretty much the same price and the same options.

SilverRhino

The only real difference is that the batteries on the 507 system can be changed by the use, while the 510 sending units have to be sent in to have the batteries replaced. I don't believe there are any performance or use differences. The sensors cannot be exchanged between the systems.....the coding is different so you have to use 507 sensors with the 507 monitor for example.

I have had great luck with my TST 507 system and the customer service is awesome.

Travel Safe!

Ron-Cookie

I have the InnoTechRV TPMS system installed.. I didn't like the idea that I could not put my paws on the 8 sensors if need be.. I replace the batteries with new rubber seals every year for $10 whether I need to or not. This system alerted me before a blowout last April on way home from a Arizona Chapter Meet-N-Greet... Well worth the peace of mind!

'Lil Guy'

With my TST507, it occasionally drops a tire. Sometimes I lose 2 or 3 for a short period. After a while I see all of them again. Is this the norm or should I get the repeater? Thanks in advance.

huntur

With my TST507, it occasionally drops a tire. Sometimes I lose 2 or 3 for a short period. After a while I see all of them again. Is this the norm or should I get the repeater? Thanks in advance.
We just ordered a set and was told that problem will happen with out the repeater !
The amount of electronics present & distance they say play a part.
Hope this helps.

olcoon

We bought a TST at the 2011 Goshen Rally, and I was told I didn't need the the repeater, we've got a 30' Elk Ridge. It worked fine until we were on our way to Texas that winter. The alarm kept going off & the first few times it happened it really freaked me out. I'd turn off the monitor & turn it back on, and that would work...for a while. Contacted TST, and after trying several different things they sent me a complete new unit, sensors & all. Didn't take long until it started doing it again. I called them & ultimately wound up buying a repeater & haven't had an issue since. Like Erika said it's not necessarily the the length, but interference that causes problems.