Tire Pressure Monitors

A few weeks back I ordered the tst507, came with an antenna after talking with the tech guys at tst I went for the repeator , went to the forum for ideas where to mount it, I seen where a few were mounting them in the storage area connecting them to the 12v lights in the compartment, sounded good then I was wondering how many of us would remember to turn it off, so after a lot of thought I decided to hook it into my marker lights, I always run the parking lights and this way I won't forget to turn it off. Took me 10 minutes to type this words were missing letters and not spacing what am I doing wrong?

whp4262

I guess I didn't make myself clear. I am for sure going to put the TST monitors on the trailer, what I was also wanting to do is to put them on the dually too, and it might prove somewhat of a problem to get them on the 4 rear tires without valve stem extensions. I figured someone had already put the flow through monitors on their dually tires, and would tell me what brand stem extensions they used and if they worked with the flow through monitors. This would steer me in the correct direction in purchasing them. Discount Tire has already told me they will install the stem extensions for me, I just have to purchase some and take them in to be installed.

After talking to a guy this afternoon, I have just about decided to forget about the truck and depend on the factory tire monitoring system that Ford included in the truck and focus on the trailer. What I like about the TST system is that it tells you which tire is low and the truck's system does not. I will still need the valve stem extenders for the dually's rear wheels.

I installed the flow-thru sensors on the inside duals on my truck with non flow-thru on the other tires. The flow-thru sensors were long enough that I didn't need addition extensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Then why does my SRW F350 have them? It is rated 11k.

Because Ford chooses to add TPMS on all SRW trucks.

SRW's could go by weight

DRW's are specifically exempt for the DOT reg.

And along DOT regs, it won't be long before OTR trucks will be required to have rear view cameras. While doing a search for the required "view" needed with mirrors and towing, many of the links I found were DOT related with future camera requirements.

WBG

WBGavin
A few weeks back I ordered the tst507, came with an antenna after talking with the tech guys at tst I went for the repeator , went to the forum for ideas where to mount it, I seen where a few were mounting them in the storage area connecting them to the 12v lights in the compartment, sounded good then I was wondering how many of us would remember to turn it off, so after a lot of thought I decided to hook it into my marker lights, I always run the parking lights and this way I won't forget to turn it off. Took me 10 minutes to type this words were missing letters and not spacing what am I doing wrong?

Regarding the 10 minutes it took to type the message. I had the exact same problem. Drove me crazy. Try this: Log on to the forum. Go to Settings (upper right hand corner). Scroll down to General Settings. Change "Enhanced Interface ... WYSIWYG" to "Standard Editor". Ten to one that will fix the problem!
Good luck!
WBG

WBG

WBGavin
I guess I didn't make myself clear. I am for sure going to put the TST monitors on the trailer, what I was also wanting to do is to put them on the dually too, and it might prove somewhat of a problem to get them on the 4 rear tires without valve stem extensions. I figured someone had already put the flow through monitors on their dually tires, and would tell me what brand stem extensions they used and if they worked with the flow through monitors. This would steer me in the correct direction in purchasing them. Discount Tire has already told me they will install the stem extensions for me, I just have to purchase some and take them in to be installed.

After talking to a guy this afternoon, I have just about decided to forget about the truck and depend on the factory tire monitoring system that Ford included in the truck and focus on the trailer. What I like about the TST system is that it tells you which tire is low and the truck's system does not. I will still need the valve stem extenders for the dually's rear wheels.

Just a FYI

My 2010 F350 SRW has a problem with giving false positives relative to tire pressure. I take it in and they say it is just a software problem and they reset the computer. Not knowing if there really is a problem, or which tire is the problem or how low the pressure has become is not good. The TST 507's are worth every penny. Wish I could help you with the Dually issue. Best of Luck!
WBG

TX_Clay

Had the opportunity to pull the TH with TPMs on the trailer and the rear truck tires. Only pulled it 25 miles, but in that time. The TH tires rose 10 PSI and about 12 degrees while the truck tires rose 4 PSI and about 5 to 8 degrees temperature. I would have thought the truck tires would have gone up more. Hmmm, will be pulling it a couple hundred miles in a few weeks. Be interesting to see what they do then. FYI, didn't lose signal between the trailer TPMs transmitters and the receiver in the truck. Not once. Looks like I wont need a repeater. Happy about that.

drsasser

I purchased the 507 kit and installed it Monday evening after work, Fairly simple to pair the transmitters to the head unit,
We have a trip planned from KY to FT. Pickens, FL. later this month and I wanted the peace of mind not having to worry about fiver tires.
I have a question, What max temp should I set the high temp warning to?
Seems to work ok on my 34 ft FW without a booster so far,

whp4262

I purchased the 507 kit and installed it Monday evening after work, Fairly simple to pair the transmitters to the head unit,
We have a trip planned from KY to FT. Pickens, FL. later this month and I wanted the peace of mind not having to worry about fiver tires.
I have a question, What max temp should I set the high temp warning to?
Seems to work ok on my 34 ft FW without a booster so far,

I left my temp set at TST's recommended 158 degree F. When I'm driving I look to be sure the tires are all running about the same temperature. I think the highest I've seen has been about 109-110 on the sunny side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk