Tire Pressure Monitors

porthole

Retired
Is there much difference between the TST 507RV and the TST 510RV? They are pretty much the same price and the same options.

507 is a newer system. Besides the user replaceable batteries, you can program the monitor with a programming mode that reads the sensor wirelessly after you put it on the valve stem. The 510 requires manual input of a 4 or 5 digit code for each sensor.

The 507 monitor is much thinner and easier to mount, the rechargeable battery lasts longer and there were one or two other features which I do not recall.

I just ordered one for $59.00. Cheap price to pay for peace of mind.

Do none of the TST systems still come with the antenna extension?

Mine did, a "T" shape antenna with a 6' or so lead. That is all I have needed to stop the occasional dropped sensor.

whp4262

My TST-507 did not come with a antenna extension. I did order the repeater and installed it in the camper front compartment. I have had it loose a signal from a sensor but it's pretty rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

I call them for mounting under front cap of the 5er. The instructions are to mount toward the rear of the TV. If I can get the same results with it mounted in the front of of the rig, that could be a cleaner mount. I'll place it and try it before permanently mounting it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We wired our repeater in the front bay compartment, tied into light that was there. No dropped sensors since, and that was a few years ago. Others have wired a switch inline as well to turn off the repeater.

TX_Clay

Placed an order today for the TST 507 RV non flow through system from Great RV Products (No shipping and no Tax made it the best deal. FYI They are on backorder). After experiencing a couple of tire failures on our old TH and saw what kind of damage that did. Figure it is pretty cheap insurance along with the new tires I bought to replace the TowMax tires. Changing tires on the side of a busy Interstate highway is not my idea of fun.

huntur

We wired our repeater in the front bay compartment, tied into light that was there. No dropped sensors since, and that was a few years ago. Others have wired a switch inline as well to turn off the repeater.

Thanks for the idea.
Getting ready to do install of ours tomorrow.
Thanks again

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

We did the same thing.

Just ordered a set directly from tst they price matched a set of 6 for 279.00 free shipping. They are out of Florida very nice people to deal with I got the 507 and since I was concerned about the repeater which I really didn't want to purchase they sent me the external antenna with my order. Took 3 days to get them.
Made a mistake when first posted found the receipt $279.00

Last edited:

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Just ordered a set directly from tst they price matched a set of 6 for 279.00 free shipping. They are out of Florida very nice people to deal with I got the 507 and since I was concerned about the repeater which I really didn't want to purchase they sent me the external antenna with my order. Took 3 days to get them.
Made a mistake when first posted found the receipt $279.00

I thought they were out of Cumming GA.

whp4262

Placed an order today for the TST 507 RV non flow through system from Great RV Products (No shipping and no Tax made it the best deal. FYI They are on backorder). After experiencing a couple of tire failures on our old TH and saw what kind of damage that did. Figure it is pretty cheap insurance along with the new tires I bought to replace the TowMax tires. Changing tires on the side of a busy Interstate highway is not my idea of fun.

Are you putting sensors on your TV as well? If you have a dually I found that flow through sensors work well on the inside duals and non-flow through on the rest of the tires.

TX_Clay

Are you putting sensors on your TV as well? If you have a dually I found that flow through sensors work well on the inside duals and non-flow through on the rest of the tires.

Fortunately or Unfortunately, depending on your perspective, I have a single wheel, not a dually. So, for now I will have 4 on the TH and 2 on the rear of the TV.
Funny thing, wife saw where I had ordered them and got upset that I was spending money. She asked me, do we absolutely have to have them? Replied Yes, showed her the pics, reminded her of the 3 times we had blowout in old TH. Really don't want to tear the sides out of our new rig. Besides, to late to cancel the order. She just shook her head as she walked away. LOL I think I won. But not really.

whp4262

Fortunately or Unfortunately, depending on your perspective, I have a single wheel, not a dually. So, for now I will have 4 on the TH and 2 on the rear of the TV.
Funny thing, wife saw where I had ordered them and got upset that I was spending money. She asked me, do we absolutely have to have them? Replied Yes, showed her the pics, reminded her of the 3 times we had blowout in old TH. Really don't want to tear the sides out of our new rig. Besides, to late to cancel the order. She just shook her head as she walked away. LOL I think I won. But not really.

Oh you never win but sometimes it's nice to think you did. I think the tire monitors are worth the investment. They won't protect you from everything but they will protect you from enough to justify the cost. One thing I like and do is turn the monitor on before I pack up and look at the tire pressures. Saves me the time it would take to check all the tires with a gauge.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ask her to be the one to "monitor the tires" as you drive. She'll be amazed at how much they change as you drive, depending on ambient temps and direct sun. Always good to have an eye on the tires. (It's what I do.)

WBG

WBGavin
Clay,

That is interesting, I ordered a set of the flow-thru (hope that was not a mistake) yesterday also. They told me that hoped to have them in stock by next week at the latest.

What brand of tires did you choose to replace the TowMax tires? I have had three fail in only two years (complete delamination)? This is the only brand that Les Schwab carries and they are located in most towns in the west. I was concerned that if I purchased another brand, I would be stuck someplace for a day or more waiting for them to have a replacement tire shipped in.

WBG

TX_Clay

Clay,

That is interesting, I ordered a set of the flow-thru (hope that was not a mistake) yesterday also. They told me that hoped to have them in stock by next week at the latest.

What brand of tires did you choose to replace the TowMax tires? I have had three fail in only two years (complete delamination)? This is the only brand that Les Schwab carries and they are located in most towns in the west. I was concerned that if I purchased another brand, I would be stuck someplace for a day or more waiting for them to have a replacement tire shipped in.

WBG

I wound up getting Carlisle though Discount Tire.

avvidclif

I had the LRE Radial Trail 16" Carlisles on my last 2 trailers. No problems whatsoever. I note that they have a LRF in 16" also now. When I checked with Discount Tire this week they wanted $132 for the E and $175 for the F, big jump. I may have to do some price matching with them if I don't go with Sailuns.

porthole

Retired
Another plus for TST.

I ordered O-rings last week. Each year they come within a couple of days, o-rings and valve stem gaskets. This time though only the o-rings, no gaskets.

I just called TST, and after reaching voice mail realized I probably called before they opened and hung up.

Not 30 seconds later Mike called to find out what call they missed.

Customer service, job 1.