Tire Upgrade??

Yep, mine too. I wonder... how many of you that upgraded to the 614s, bought new rims also? Mine are the aluminum Series06 and say Made in China...

Finally, how can you tell what the spare tire rim is rated to? Mine is a white steel rim. The only markings are stamped 1 12 6 (date made?) and 7028 below it.
Thoughts???

talley

I would be interested in knowing what the tire dealers who caution about a "rough ride" with the "G" rated tire are basing that assessment on. I have recently placed the G614 on my BH 3655 ("G" rated required). Have experienced two blowouts on TrailAmerica (Chinese) while on two long trips (less that 6K on both tires at the time). I have only pulled on short trips since placing the Goodyears on the BH, but have not noticed any difference. Will be going to Goshen in a few weeks for first long trip and may have a better assessment at that time. Now for my vote... having experienced the two blowouts, I would go with the best tire I could reasonable afford... and then not look back. In terms of load range the best tire would be the "G" rated tire. Overkill as it maybe, that is what I want if it would give me an edge to avoid being left along side the road with side damage for 3-4 hours. :) IMHO

Jerry