TireMinder or TST TPMS

jbeletti

My repeater is mounted to the pinbox with an on-off switch pulling power from the junction box and with a switch mounted right above the junction box. Both the switch and repeater are use 3M body side moulding tape to attach.
(red arrow points to repeater)
I saw someone at a recent with theirs mounted on the pinbox as well. I wondered what that blinking red light was at night. Guess they didn't install a switch in their power line.

I like the pinbox idea as it meets the goal of getting it forward mounted, is outside of the RV and has super easy access to power. Thanks for sharing.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I just bought the 507 with the repeater. Have not hooked it up yet. Where did you hook up the repeater? I see it has two wires, guessing hot and ground. Just not sure if the repeater is weather proof or does it need to be inside of the coach (maybe up in the front compartment)?

C&J
Mine is located in the front bedroom closet. Easy access to 12 volts.
I have no switch. It has been powered for 7 years now.

Peace
Dave

explorer2316

Explorer2316
Thank you for the feedback on this version! Like you, I prefer a less cluttered cab.

The in-dash head unit in the new truck would be compatible with Apple Carplay. That means that some functions of the phone can be displayed and used on the in-dash display. Let's say I'm using Apple Maps, that should show up on the display. In that scenario, I'd still want the SmartPhone app push alerts to be seen, either on the phone or on the in-dash display. I'll ask Minder Research about that.

Jim, i'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a monitoring system. Did you ever pick one or find out about the Apple Carplay interface?

jbeletti

Jim, i'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a monitoring system. Did you ever pick one or find out about the Apple Carplay interface?

Sadly, with my travel and work obligations, I have not finalized my installation.

In other news, Club members may place their Tire Minder orders starting Monday (details) and receive a 20% discount. This discount is not retroactive.