Tires on Bighorn 3010RE

Redrider007

What tires are coming on the 2015 Big Horn 3010RE-I asked this of the 3070 Big Country and was told Salium but at a lot recently there was a 2015 Big Horn 3010 with the Towmax that have such bad comments on this site. I don't want to pay extra to have a reliable tire o the rig.

pegmikef

I ordered my BH with G614 tires and my dealer charged me 1295. When they are installed at the factory, the spare is included in the price. Price is negotiable and when I purchased mine (July 2013) the OEM tires were blow max.

swburbguy

I looked at a big horn at Pete's Rv built 2/14 that had towmax on them. But on the big horn tour I saw no towmax.

Jim.Allison

This is the way I would go. 4 and a spare for 1295, is a good deal. Best trailer tire for the rig.

http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/tire-selector.aspx

Save time, effort and grief, take care of this issue now.

I ordered my BH with G614 tires and my dealer charged me 1295. When they are installed at the factory, the spare is included in the price. Price is negotiable and when I purchased mine (July 2013) the OEM tires were blow max.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
One thing you did not say. Are you going to or already ordered a BH? If you have already ordered one, it might not be too late to add the GY G614's to your order. Get a hold of your dealer SOOOON.

Redrider007

Haven't ordered it yet-Hopefully in the next couple months-Need to find out if interest rates are better from the upcoming RV show.

We are looking at a 3010, trading from our 3580 and I too say to get the G614's. If you go into a tire information site you'll see that the side wall rating on the stock tires is pretty light for the weight of a 3010. Could create issues if you're putting on the miles.

mobilcastle

Sailon are excellent tires. I have never read about a blowout on any forum I post on
Sorry I cannot say that about Goodyear.

Jim.Allison

American keep buying this Chinese stuff and wonder why no-one in the USA is working, and why there is no-one to pay social security taxes that help pay for your retirement.

Me I buy American when I can, and $100 dollar / tire difference is not enough to get my attention. The Chinese cheat as business. And they will cheat you too.

Sailuns are manufactured by a Chinese company and distributed in North America by none other than Dynamic Tire of Towmax fame.

If a Chinese tire is half the price of a Goodyear you are getting ripped off, they should be 1/4 the price of a Goodyear. Goodyear has the reputation of cleaning up their mess by compensating their buyers for damage caused by their product should one fail, Dynamic tire (Sailun and TowMax) not so much as evidenced by multiple testimonials on this forum.

I bet money that a head to head test on The Goodyear Proving Grounds near San Angelo Texas would not reveal that the Sailuns are a better tire but rather it is better than the average Chinese tire. As far as complaints about Goodyear failures Vs Saliuns failure, the Chinese manufacturing company that makes the Sailuns has only been in business since 2002. As far as Goodyear failures are concerned there are Goodyear tires on every other vehicle in the United States. When I see Sailuns on the pole position car at Talladega Fl, then I will consider them as a source of tires

http://www.autosphere.ca/tirenews/2012/07/11/sailun-a-chinese-tire-that-s-ready-to-roll/

Jim.Allison

https://www.macu.com/rates#Auto-RV-Tab,

3.99 for 12 years is pretty good, you can always refinance a rig if you buy a 2015. BTW, I think that mortgage interest on travel trailers is still tax deductible. What you gain in interest rate you may loose in your ability to negotiate a good value.

Haven't ordered it yet-Hopefully in the next couple months-Need to find out if interest rates are better from the upcoming RV show.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

3.99 for 12 years is pretty good, you can always refinance a rig if you buy a 2015. BTW, I think that mortgage interest on travel trailers is still tax deductible. What you gain in interest rate you may loose in your ability to negotiate a good value.

I did not know this about RV interest rates on loans.

Although we didn't get a 1099 from our finance company.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

The interest deduction is only in the case of an RV as a second home. If you do not own a sticks & bricks you probably will not get to deduct the interest. Best to consult a CPA or tax professional although I did stay at a holiday inn express last night. Lol

caissiel

I have Freestar and been trusting them for 6 years and 40k miles.
Next set will be Sailun 637 build to same specs. Sold in Europe as steering and trailer tires on trucks.
No american trucks use the G 16in tires. It's the 19.5 in in america.
ST tires are the junk. Any LT tires will perform well.

Jim.Allison

mobilcastle

I have no connection to Sailon. I do have them on my rig and they are excellent. There have been many Goodyear G614 blowouts. Goodyear has paid to fix a number of rigs also. I have never read about a blowout on Sailons. I will replace mine with Sailon when I need to. The factory is now mounting Sailons. They use to mount them on heavy rigs-mine is one that came from the factory with them in 2010. I am not going to start a tire war here. I say if you like Goodyear run them. Each to his own. Good luck to everyone no matter what tires you run.

Jim.Allison

In the movie Lord of the Rings referring to beer

"It come in pints?........I'm getting one!"-----Pippin

Read the IRS publication, If your RV has a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, it is a home. If it is secured by a loan that would result in repossession if the loan is not paid it meets the test. Remember it is the loan interest that is

If you have a tax preparer or CPA then you should ask them about it. If they don't know what you are talking about, then get a new tax preparer.:cool:

Whats even more interesting is that if you are living in it and it is damaged by a natural disaster and a disaster is declared, you may be able to file a claim with FEMA for assistance.

The government has a definition for everything...........They have to.