Tires That come w the new Cyclone 3010

tammyinwv

We bought our camper last Fall. We just got back from our second trip in it. We went to Myrtle Beach. The first part of our 10 days went well, then it was all down hill from there. First we lost power to the camper, and some big losses with that. but what I am going to discuss here is the tire problem. My husband frequents the forum and has been reading about the poor quality tires that are being sold on these campers by Heartland. Many people are having blow-outs. We just went thru an "almost" blow out. We were very lucky. Why in the world Heartland would continue to put tires on campers that are so dangerous is beyond me. They must not care about the potential customers is all I can say. A blow out on the Interstate can not only cause loss of material possessions, but loss of life. What if one would have gas in the gas tank of the camper? Or if loss of control of the vehicle during a blow out also caused accidents with other vehicles? This is absolutely ridiculous. When we bought ours, we had just bought heavy duty tires on our Holiday rambler just 2 yrs before. I tried to talk my husband into swapping out these newer tires to the Cyclone at purchase, but he didnt want to fool with it. Today, halfway home, with my 7 yo DGD in the backseat, we stopped for fuel. While stopped my husband checked the tires. After going thru a blow out in the past before we upgraded tires on the old one, and blowing out the side of the camper, he is very cautious now. Luckily he noticed the huge softball size swelling on the INSIDE edge of the back camper tire. It caused about an hr delay, but we got back on the road, all the while severely worried about the possibility of the other 3 or even the spare blowing before we could get it and my DGD safely home. Something must be done by Hearltland.
Tammy
Edit: its a 3110

Attachments

• tire2013A.JPG
    tire2013A.JPG
    327.1 KB · Views: 73
  • tire2013b.JPG
    tire2013b.JPG
    337.4 KB · Views: 62
  • tire2013c.JPG
    tire2013c.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

scottyb

Tammy, thank god you guys caught it before it blew. Sounds like Roger was paying attention. Someone will probably ask you if the tires were at the correct pressure or how fast you were driving or if you ran over something, but the truth is that these incidents continue to happen, even to responsible people, with very few miles on their rigs. Get rid of them and stop having to worry about it. I was fortunate too, in that I had been reading about them for about a month before we picked up our rig. I could have had my dealer exchange them before I took it, but I trust Discount Tire more than my dealer for mounting tires, and I'm sure they were cheaper.

tammyinwv

He always averages about 62 mph interstate, and pressure was 80 lbs. He checked them just before leaving and they were 78, and he pumped them up to 80. Never hit anything. he has been looking at 17.5 wheels but that is a huge expense when we just bought the camper. Heartland knows from reading this forum they are dangerous. They should sell decent tires to begin with even if they have to charge more.
tammy

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Tammy, every RV manufacturer uses the same tires....not just HL. For peace of mind get rid of them now. Look at Goodyears or Michelins LT tires. I guess I should have looked...does your 3110 have 2 or 3 axles. I also have heard that the GY Marathons are now made in the USA. They have worked very well on my work/dump trailer that hauls alot of weight.