To my fellow Mallard owners

callowaykid

Hey guys and gals, so after my trip this past weekend I noticed my sway bar did not make it home with me. Apparently somewhere between here and there it fell off. I did notice when I put it on the cotter pin was a little bent but I did not think it would just fall off, also I guess I had the bar pretty loose or it would not have fallen off. So my question is are the sawybars camper specific? Or are they pretty universal? Upon looking for another one all I noticed is that there are ones for the right side and left side which makes since but is there anything else,i need to look for like length or name brand etc....
Thanks for your help

GO DAWGS!

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I brought our complete Draw Tite WD setup with Reese sway bar from our old 1978 Coachman Cadet 24 TT to our previous 2013 Heartland Trail Runner.

I sold all of this stuff after we got our new 5th-wheeler:

WDhitchsetup-P1000277.jpg Newtruckoldhitch-IMG_20140828_134053993.jpg NewTruckHitchInAZ.jpg

You just have to make sure all of the pieces have a high enough weight rating for your trailer . . . including the sway bar!

I've never heard of anyone loosing a sway bar before . . .

Even if the arm wasn't tightened, it shouldn't have fallen off.

I hated those cotter pins that hold the sway bar on . . . always skinned my knuckles when taking them out to remove the sway bar.

Attachments

• NewHitchCloseup-IMG_20140918_163520140.jpg
    NewHitchCloseup-IMG_20140918_163520140.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Newtruckdropdown-IMG_20140829_151159969.jpg
    Newtruckdropdown-IMG_20140829_151159969.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 15

callowaykid

Thanks JohnD, and don't worry your in for a treat things happen to me all the time that you would swear are impossible. I am headed down to Camping World this weekend to see what they have.

GO DAWGS!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Thanks JohnD, and don't worry your in for a treat things happen to me all the time that you would swear are impossible. I am headed down to Camping World this weekend to see what they have.

GO DAWGS!

Can't wait to read about your adventures!

You should be able to get a sway bar at CW . . .