Too good to be true? Free Camping @ Ocean Canyon Properties

Sajo

Has anyone had any dealings with Ocean Canyon Properties? When we purchased our coach there was a package for free camping at one of the locations around the country. You have to visit and "tour" the grounds to activate the package. It sounds good (maybe too good). I was wondering if anyone knows the pros/cons of such packages....
sajo

jnbhobe

Re: Free Camping ???

And listen to the SALES PITCH !!!! with High Pressure !!!!!!!!!!

Sandpirate69

I much rather pay for my site, than waste 2-3 hrs of my time listening to someone who's going to try hard to get into your wallet. Plus I have no patience for that non-sense.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Sounds like Outdoor Adventures, who is always calling me. Like a timeshare at a campground without having a guaranteed site. A friend is a member of that group and when he goes, he gets what's available. Maybe on their puddle lake, maybe not. Thanks, but no thanks, I'll stick to our seasonal site.

Sajo

Thanks for the replies and we agree.... nothing is free! We will stick with what we have learned over the years and "pay" for our selected sites.

sajo

Porkchop

Thanks for posting this. I got it in the mail as well, but it's REALLY far away so I was going to offer it to someone else. Glad to know it's a time share thing and not really worth it.

Irene

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

don't know about Ocean Canyon, but we have two memberships...one with Western Horizon, and one with Travel Resorts of America, and we ALWAYS have specific reserved sites whenever we make reservations....

Has anyone had any dealings with Ocean Canyon Properties? When we purchased our coach there was a package for free camping at one of the locations around the country. You have to visit and "tour" the grounds to activate the package. It sounds good (maybe too good). I was wondering if anyone knows the pros/cons of such packages....
sajo

It’s true that you have to listen to a sales pitch, yes. However, I honestly think it is worth it to get free camping, and Ocean Canyon has a lot of good to offer you. My family and I became members in 2009 after a RV show in Ft. Worth gave us a similar deal as you, 4 days/3 nights of camping for free at any one of their resorts. We decided to check out Tres Rios since it is very close to Ft. Worth. The sales pitch was just that, a sales pitch, but we were sold. All you have to do is pay a one-time membership fee and yearly maintenance costs and you have unlimited camping for as long as you like.

jimtoo

Hi texasrvman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Thanks for your input about Ocean Canyon. We belong to Thousand Trails and have for 10 years or more. As with any of the membership parks if you use the facilities often, it is probably worth it. If you do not use it,,you will be wasting money.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M