Too much grease and it got on the brakes.

dbbls59

About a week ago I posted about grease on my brakes as a result of too much grease in the hubs. This came from the factory this way. I am at the Heartland rally and I spoke to the Dexter representative here about this. He said they have quit using so much grease and have change the type of grease they use. He also said that the brakes have a two year warranty and to call the factory. I did this and Dexter is going to change out all four of my brakes under warranty. Thought I would pass this on because some of you stated you had the same problem. Kudos to Dexter.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
You might want to ask them to NOT use the 'green' wheel bearing grease because it melts and turns to liquid and passes by the seals. SYN High Temp RED wheel bearing grease is the best choice in most cases IMO. If outside temps are below 0 then 'Green' grease is ok.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Got new Chicago Rawhide seals and a bearing packer. I'm open to any suggestions on something better (and safer) than gas to wash out the bearings!

gvtahoe

This happended to our brakes also too much grease. We have a 2012 3585 bighorn the brakes were ruined. Called dexter and talked to connie and she sent out all new brakes and had camping world do the labor. We were treated very well by connie at dexter it was a real pleasure working with her. Usually i come on here to complain about something. But some times things do go right. Great job dexter way to stand behind your product. And once again thanks connie!!!

dbbls59

Got new Chicago Rawhide seals and a bearing packer. I'm open to any suggestions on something better (and safer) than gas to wash out the bearings!
Dexter recommends using brake cleaning fluid. I have used it but gas is so much cheaper and does a good job. Just use it outdoors.

gvtahoe88

dexter recommends using brake cleaning fluid. I have used it but gas is so much cheaper and does a good job. Just use it outdoors.

we also got to much grease on our brakes it really wrecked them. We have a 2012 3585 bighorn. Called dexter and talked to connie and she said dexter would take care of it. They sent the brakes to camping world in vacaville, ca. And dexter paid the labor to replace them. Its good to see some one stand behind their product, good job dexter. Usually i am on here to complain but not this time good job dexter and thanks for all the help connie great job. Dexter made my day!!!