Tool to adjust tall awnings?

TxCowboy

Love the tall awnings on the larger HL product lines. But would love to have a tool so that you can angle them off to one side for rain runoff, etc.

Anyone have a suggestion or can post which tool you have for this?

Last edited by a moderator:

avvidclif

Look at the bottom leg next to the RV and you will find 5-6 adjustment holes. Look on both sides of the leg.

SNOKING

Love the tall awnings on the larger HL product lines. But would love to have a tool so that you can angle them off to one side for rain runoff, etc.

Anyone have a suggestion or can post which tool you have for this?

Are you talking about loosening and tightening the black knobs. I cut out a 2.5" plug with a hole saw. Traced the pattern of the outside of one of the knobs. Drilled 5 holes at the low spots and glued in 1/4 dowels. Drilled the center to a 3/8 long dowel. Have not tested it yet. I have a piece of 1.25 round dowel to use as a handle once I decide how long it needs to be to reach the knobs.

Chris

donr827

Not being the tallest person I carried a 2 step aluminum step ladder for the jobs where I needed lift shoes. Purchased it at Home Depot and it is very light but strong.
Don

Bigburd

Mine works by itself to dump water. Folds up on one side and dumps when needed. Can be a real surprise if not paying attention.

Last edited: