Tow Max about to get next victim

MagnoliaTom

Mine were exactly the same. Only had around 1500 miles on mine though. I'm really surprised yours lasted so long. As posted earlier, you will be completely shocked at how flimsy and cheap the tow max looks compared to the sailun. The sailuns are truly "big rig" tires. You won't need to be looking in the rear view mirror anymore once you get the sailuns on your rig

1_oldgoat

On a side note, i found another 14 ply china made rv tire, brand was Advance, they weigh 61 lbs each, have a 3950lb load rating at 105 psi but with no information other than that and a price of 175.00 each decided to stick with Sailun's.

justafordguy

On a side note, i found another 14 ply china made rv tire, brand was Advance, they weigh 61 lbs each, have a 3950lb load rating at 105 psi but with no information other than that and a price of 175.00 each decided to stick with Sailun's.

I think you will be very happy with the Sailun S637 but The main thing is to get rid of the ST Towmax.;)

1_oldgoat

Tom and fordguy, thanks for the info, just called my rv dealership and they were trying to push a Vision load boss tire set on me, said its a 14 ply like the Sailun tires with a Q speed rating, so needless to say i am ordering the Sailun tires online, just hate paying 30 bucks a tire for shipping charges, if i could find a set within a couple hundred miles i would buy local haul the wheels over and have em mounted and balanced, and install myself since i don't dare tow any more with the other tires showing bulges in the sidewalls. I'll figure it out.
Thanks again all for the help

1_oldgoat

Hey guys, i couldn't justify 200 dollars for shipping 5 tires, then.another 100 for mount and balance, would be around 1100, for a set of sailuns on the ground, i ended up with another 14 ply, G rated tire, 4080 lb at 110 psi, S speed rating, 109mph, which they will never see, anyway i was out the door for less than 9 bills, new valve stems included, on our first trip out now and so far so good, keeping an eye on suspension components now, when i was sitting on the side of the road with a blown.out tow max i.noticed the axle springs seemed a little flatter than i remembered, next trip to my dealership i plan on looking under another Gateway just to see if i am imagining things, also need to get alignment checked to make sure my axle didn't move when the tire let go, will keep you all posted.

MagnoliaTom

Hey guys, i couldn't justify 200 dollars for shipping 5 tires, then.another 100 for mount and balance, would be around 1100, for a set of sailuns on the ground, i ended up with another 14 ply, G rated tire, 4080 lb at 110 psi, S speed rating, 109mph, which they will never see, anyway i was out the door for less than 9 bills, new valve stems included, on our first trip out now and so far so good, keeping an eye on suspension components now, when i was sitting on the side of the road with a blown.out tow max i.noticed the axle springs seemed a little flatter than i remembered, next trip to my dealership i plan on looking under another Gateway just to see if i am imagining things, also need to get alignment checked to make sure my axle didn't move when the tire let go, will keep you all posted.

At least you got rid of the towmax. Hopefully you'll have good luck with your new tires