Towmax tire failure insurance claim

jakoenig1

Has anyone had any luck getting money out of Dynamics of Ontario, Canada for body damage caused by Towmax tires? I contacted API about my latest tire failure and Olga asked if there was any body damage. I said yes and she said she would forward the report to Dynamic Tire Corporation of Canada. I was told they would contact me in a week for an insurance claim. She said they would send me a shipper to return the tire and if they find it defective ( Aren't they all?), they would pay for the damage to my trailer. I have never read about anyone getting money out of them so I suspect they will say they found no manufacturing defect in the tire and send me on my way. I hate to turn it in to my insurance company because I have a $1,000 deductible.

danemayer

• Don't recall hearing of anyone getting Dynamic to pay for body damage
  • No tire manufacturer warranty covers body damage, although Goodyear has a policy (not warranty) that does cover it for selected tires.
  • Never heard of anyone getting a response that their tire was defective

If you have the DOT numbers from the failed tire, you can open a meaningful complaint at the NHTSA website which could lead to an investigation. If you make the tire available to NHTSA, and they take it, they can do an impartial determination of cause of failure. If they find a manufacturing defect, they can order a recall.

If you send it to Dynamic, I think the most you can expect is $100-150 as a goodwill payment.