trailer light plan for 2009 2900MK6

johnf

I have a short circuit somewhere in the clearance light circuit of my 2009 Sundance 2900mk6. I have checked the" tools " tab for a circuit diagram but can't find any reference to the cable route for the clearance lights. Does anyone have a plan of the cable route so I can isolate the short circuit ?
Thanks in advance
John

danemayer

Here's a generic diagram from the Heartland Trailer Manual.

Attachments

• trailer 2011_hl_owners_manual_3-18-2011 Electrical Wiring.pdf
    321.6 KB · Views: 20

johnf

Thankyou for the diagram but it looks like the cabling on my trailer runs down the right hand side to the rear lights and then across the back to the Left hand side. It looks like the cable run may be different depending on the model. Should this question be posted in "Ask the factory " ?

danemayer

John,

Wiring diagrams are usually a "logical" view, not necessarily an exact physical layout. You might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Perhaps they can give you guidance on how the wires are routed.

johnf

I spent some time tracing out the route. It looks like from the hitch, the feed goes to the front left bottom of the front wardrobe. Here the feed splits to the front lh bottom clearance light, the top front lights, the rh front clearance lights and then down to under the basement where the cable runs across to the rh side middle clearance light. It splits here with one cable running across to the lh middle clearance light and one cable running to the rear rh side that feeds the rear clearance lights and tail lights. I found the fault at the first 4 way split. The feed coming from the hitch had been squashed between the wood framework and the chassis during manufacture. It finally failed causing a short circuit. Fortunately it was in the front lh side of the robe behind the removable corner panel . I could see where the cable had been squashed so was able to fix the fault.

danemayer

Good to hear you found the problem. Thanks for sharing the answer; it may help someone else.