Tripped Circuit Breaker on generator - RESOLVED

TBONE21

Hey guys I need some help.

got my new 413 home today and it has that computer transfer switch. On shore power everything works. On generator only the bedroom air works and everything else except the bedroom tv. I want to have the den air work too. Surely that generator can push two units. There is no transfer switch on this one. It's that computerized transfer thing and it didn't come with any directions. What do I do?

porthole

Retired
Re: Transfer switch on generator

I'll guess you have a newer Landmark 365.
You should add your year and model.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

What is a computerized transfer switch ? I've never herd of one before.
What Gen do you have ? If it's the Onan 5500 I'm sure we can make everything work.

IronJ

On genny you can only run either the bedroom or living room ac AND the back one. The genny will run 2...but not living and bedroom the way it is wired

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I wonder why they do that on the toyhaulers but my Landmark I can run all 3 units.
I turn one on at a time and turn one way down so they will not try to cycle at the same time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TBONE21

I can turn everything off in the unit but the rear 2 will not turn on. Hold on and I'll try to upload a pic. The system is called power control system by precision circuits Inc

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpg

IronJ

I wonder why they do that on the toyhaulers but my Landmark I can run all 3 units.
I turn one on at a time and turn one way down so they will not try to cycle at the same time.

It's arbitrary as to which units...the back ac is on its own circuit...and the 2 fronts are on one 20 amp breaker....so they could have wired either or for that one..

Are all three of your units 15k??..I've actually started all 3 on genny but I had to stagger them and turn off the converter...once it hits 95+ out the genny breaker trips no matter what...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya 3 15's I haven't really ran them very long on Gen. I just tried it out one day after I switched to the 2-30amp breakers on my Gen and it worked.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I see the first PCS is the same one I have in the Landmark and have never seen this second one before.
3cf9e5735685004d6b90e2ab1c587cb9.jpg

danemayer

On the LM365, the Power Control System allowed you to run all 3 A/C units, and it would shed loads as necessary to stay within power limits. When power limits are exceeded, the A/C fan will still run, but the compressor gets shut off.

On toy haulers, absent a Power Control System, the factory installs a switch that allows only 2 A/C units to run at the same time. But it sounds like on this new Road Warrior, there is a PCS Mini-Power Control System that can handle 3 or 4 loads, which might include 2 A/C units and a Water Heater and possibly a refrigerator.

Best bet is to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can ask Engineering what's in your rig.

Let us know what you find out.

On edit, check the circuit breakers on the front of the generator to make sure both are on.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

OK that is your power control system not your Transfer switch. I'm waiting for Dan to jump in here and explain it better.... LOL
That will monitor power draw and shed power to the lower priority things when demand is high. As for your transfer switch It will automatically switch from shore power to gen power when you start the Gen. Your Gen has 2 30amp legs coming off of it Or possibly only 1 20 amp and 1 30 amp.
I think all plugs and all appliances should be working on Gen power unless the PSC decides to shed some power. You can scroll through the menu and see if it shows shed power numbers. Should say Power Shed - 0
I think I can't go out and look right now. I can in a little while though.

- - - Updated - - -

There he is :)

TBONE21

I found it!!! After help from Ray here it was one of the breakers off on the generator. One was on and one was off