truck comparisons

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
OK...I give up. I watched the video.....where was the comparison? The Ford now has everything that GM has had for years.

Northern Virginia
Nice truck. She spent a lot of time talking about it's work capabilities but didn't really show much other than the compass and cup holders. I wanted to see the IBC, the built in 5th wheel hitch base and hear some towing specs.

Oh well, the cup holders were nice though :)

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Also looking for the comparison. Video gave a good basic over view for a novice, but what I saw was a Ford advertisement.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
After you watched the first video, the Ford advertisement, a list of more videos show up. There is where you will see the comparisons. I think that GM scored the best with Mopar showing up last in towing with a diesel. I didn't watch the drag race.

Peace
Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You will have to look at several videos to see the Ford, Chevy, Dodge comparisons. The Ford did not win every time either. Don't just watch the first video look at several of them and you will see it.

4ever

The data in Diesel Magazine regarding the Ford specs are not correct. These are the old specs. I have a new Ford F350 Diesel and Ford upgraded the horsepower and torque. Now have 400 HP and 800 lbs pf torque.

Now that said, I am not putting down GM. We all have our perferences. Just supplying the facts

Ted

Vtxkid

I thought Diesel Power Mag had a nice write up. Love my Duramax but the Ford has some nice features too!!! As far as Chrysler, don't think they can squeeze anymore power out of the 6 cylinder which is leaving them further behind Chevy and Ford...

BruteForce

I thought Diesel Power Mag had a nice write up. Love my Duramax but the Ford has some nice features too!!! As far as Chrysler, don't think they can squeeze anymore power out of the 6 cylinder which is leaving them further behind Chevy and Ford...

Wrong. With just a simple tuner, I can crank up an extra 175hp. By changing out the turbo and adding head-studs, I can probably get 600hp. I've seen some i6 6.7L Cummins pushing 800+ HP. It's all about the manufacturer tuning their motor. These same statements apply to Ford and GM as well.

KL7j

Don't want to start an argument just wanted to pass on some info on the big 3 truck comparisons. I found this video I thought was interesting.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/video/video.php?videoid=436448453

Here is a rather indepth (8 pages) of all three brands, gas, diesel, SRW, DRW. Auto, Manual, Unloaded, Loaded with 12000 lb tow, etc.
After defining the trucks and the tests, the data starts on page 5.

http://special-reports.pickuptrucks.com/2010/08/2010-hd-truck-specs-and-testing-approach.html

porthole

Retired
At first I though all the M&A skits were just internet stuff.

I watched the Phoenix race last night and the only thing that made watching Denny pout like a baby less enjoyable were the 52" Sony HD versions of the GM commercials

caissiel

I buy what I find when I need one, had Ford, GM, Dodge and to me they all do the job.
They are build by man and need to be fixed by man.

After doing the rebuild on my F250 I was thinking of the Cummins that would be easier to repair,
Then I saw the front end jobs that my son and his friend repaired this week and made me think of my last GM.

It was so cheap when I bought it that no one were buying them for towing because the 6.5L was a dog.
Well it was a good truck and it survived 9 years of towing the 5th wheel that was 4000Lbs heavier then it was designed to pull.

Numbers to me don't mean anything I feel that what you drive is the best for the time. Thats why we all drive them, there are Ford lovers and there are GM lovers and there are Ram lovers. Me I like trucks.

I am at the point where to each his[or hers] own. all three trucks are built with the the big three trying to do it the cheapest they can in there own way. buy what you like and lets enjoy life. I am me no matter what I drive.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
The data in Diesel Magazine regarding the Ford specs are not correct. These are the old specs. I have a new Ford F350 Diesel and Ford upgraded the horsepower and torque. Now have 400 HP and 800 lbs pf torque.

Now that said, I am not putting down GM. We all have our perferences. Just supplying the facts

Ted

Actually in a test where the 400hp/800Ftlb Torque Ford was used the Chevy and Ford were neck and neck in every test with Chevy winning-out barely. The only real difference and no one knows why is the engine brake test where Chevy pulled away BIG-TIME from the Ford. BUT THEY USE THE SAME MANUFACTURER AND PART!! Chevy brakedon its own comfortably and safely while the Ford set-up was a little white knuckle with the driver having to apply the brake quite too often to maintain a safe speed downhill. I am like most everyone else however when it comes to one ton and that is either Ford or Chevy with accessories, appointments and price being the leading factor on which one I would buy next. The Dodge/Chrysler combo cannot compete in the One ton area due to shortcomings on towing capacity.

porthole

Retired
The hill climb tests were nowhere near close. And the results lead me to wonder if GM knew of a programming shortcoming with the Ford and exploited it with the location pick.