TV failure

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, what a day for the TV display to go out on our 1 week old Big Country. The day before the Super Bowl Commercials!!

We have swapped the bedroom tv to the living room temporarily, but a 32" sure isn't going to be as exciting to watch.

35dae23dd4b75c1bf1444a3929b45bf9.jpg

So I am going to call HL Monday to see if we can get a replacement shipped directly to us, rather than go through the dealer 3 hours away. We already tried the troubleshooting techniques from Insignia, the brand of tv, but sounds like it's a common internal failure of the video board in the tv, and I don't want to void any warranties trying to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Erika,

I'm not sure Heartland warrants the TVs. They may point you at the supplier. Ours had a problem on our 1st trip, but it was caused by an installer error, so Heartland handled it and drop shipped directly to our home with a pickup order on the broken TV. It did take a few weeks though. They had to get a TV from the supplier and then ship from Heartland. Maybe you can talk them into pulling one out of manufacturing.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We had a bedroom TV go out on the Landmark in the first month...we called Sony directly...they shipped a replacement to us right away.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We had ours go bad on our Silverado and less than a year old. It was a Legend brand and covered under warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Record the Super Bowl on your Hopper and watch it after you get the living room TV replaced.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I would think that since you haven't even had the trailer two weeks that Heartland would be responsible for getting you a new TV . . . not the TV manufacturer.

Unless it was a dealer-installed item, in which case then the dealer should replace it.

I know what you mean about the small TV in the large space!

When we got our Prowler I moved the two TV's over from our old Trail Runner, and even though the 24 inch TV is the right size for viewing in the living room, it is too small for the entertainment center:

ProwlerEntCenter-P1000301.jpg

Even though a larger TV will fit, I'm planning on putting a 32 inch TV there soon.

We've had excellent luck with Vizio flat screen TV's . . . have four of them between the house and trailer.

donr827

When I was at the RV show in Tampa last month I noticed that a lot of manufacturers had switched to the Insignia brand. When I checked them out at Best Buy they were the cheapest TV in the store. I guess its a case of going for cost instead of quality.
Don

Garypowell

If is correct that this brand is from Best Buy I would find a local store, taking your paperwork with you....if you don't ask you'll never know. With the right approach they might have an open box they would loan you.

TravelTiger

Due to existing plans, we did not deal with the tv and used our 32" for the big game. It worked just fine.

I just bought a 2016 3640 Big Country and traded in a 2014 Cross Roads Cruiser, I replaced the TV in the Cruiser at 1 yr old it was a sansui so should I keep my new TV and give them the Insignia with my trade?

TravelTiger

I just bought a 2016 3640 Big Country and traded in a 2014 Cross Roads Cruiser, I replaced the TV in the Cruiser at 1 yr old it was a sansui so should I keep my new TV and give them the Insignia with my trade?

Are you saying your new tv is a Sansui? I have not heard a lot about that brand. I would stick with the unit in your new rig, at least it will have a one year warranty on it from HL.

TravelTiger

We received a new tv direct from Heartland about 3 weeks after reporting the problem to them, and we self-installed it. Since it was 55" and the model was discontinued, they did not want the old tv back. We dropped the old tv at our dealer (when we were there for other reasons) since we didn't want to have to dispose of it.

The sansui was a real junk died in a year so gave it to my son he fixed it, in the mean time I bought a smart VIZIO TV so thinking of swapping the TV with the new insignia....

TravelTiger

The sansui was a real junk died in a year so gave it to my son he fixed it, in the mean time I bought a smart VIZIO TV so thinking of swapping the TV with the new insignia....

Oh, ok. So your tv is a Visio. Then yes, I'd consider swapping. ;). We've had 4 Visio TVs, two at the s&b and two in our previous trailer. Love them.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Keep the Vizio!

We have four of them (two in the house and two in the Prowler) . . .

They have been excellent and we have never once had a problem with a single one of them.