TX to AZ via the Black Hills & Yellowstone

Jewels55

We are brand new Full-timers (1 week). We're currently in Corpus Christi, Texas. In August we're moving to Tucson, Arizona. But, we're going to take the scenic route and head up to South Dakota, then across to Yellowstone National Park, then down to the north rim of the Grand Canyon, then finally to Tucson.

Maybe we'll see you along the way! :D

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hey Jewels55, How's the weather there in Corpus? HOT??? Where are you staying? We spend Winters in Colonia del Ray RV Park. We plan on taking a route similar to yours when we head South this year. Have a safe and uneventful trip.

Glad to see another owner in south Texas. I have an Augusta over here in Rockport. Leaving this weekend for a NASCAR trip to Daytona over the 4th of July weekend.

Jewels55

Hey Jewels55, How's the weather there in Corpus? HOT??? Where are you staying? We spend Winters in Colonia del Ray RV Park. We plan on taking a route similar to yours when we head South this year. Have a safe and uneventful trip.

It definitely is HOT!!! It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so darn humid too!

We're staying down the street from Colonia del Rey RV Park. We're at their sister park Padre Palms. I heard that Colonia Del Rey was nicer, but since we are only staying to the middle of August, Padre Palms is a little cheaper. And besides, we're still working and only are in the park at night.

Jewels55

Glad to see another owner in south Texas. I have an Augusta over here in Rockport. Leaving this weekend for a NASCAR trip to Daytona over the 4th of July weekend.

Wow! Way cool! Got room for a tag-a-long???? ;)

No plans for us to do anything fun until August when we head out. Gotta save up some money now so we can play later.

I hope you have a great trip!

Ray LeTourneau

It definitely is HOT!!! It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so darn humid too!

We're staying down the street from Colonia del Rey RV Park. We're at their sister park Padre Palms. I heard that Colonia Del Rey was nicer, but since we are only staying to the middle of August, Padre Palms is a little cheaper. And besides, we're still working and only are in the park at night.
I know the place. I helped put up the new fence behind the rec hall to the left of the pool. Next time you see Liz, tell her Hi from Ray & Lin.

Jewels55

We're going to live there. My mother is getting up in age and I'm her only child, so we thought it would be best if we were nearer to her. She lives in Tucson Meadows on the south east side of Tucson. It is a 55+ community that has manufactured homes. In the rear of the property they have RV parking and so that's where we'll be staying for at least a year (although neither my husband nor I are 55 yet, they have given special permission so we can be near my mother).

Thanks for the info! Perhaps we'll get a chance to check out other parks while we're there. And that's a definite big 10-4 on getting together for coffee!

Oh yeah...one more thing... are you a "Upper" or are you just visiting? I'm originally from Michigan, but I'm from around Lansing, so that makes me a Troll. :D

Ray LeTourneau

Oh yeah...one more thing... are you a "Upper" or are you just visiting? I'm originally from Michigan, but I'm from around Lansing, so that makes me a Troll. :D
Don't you mean Yooper??:rolleyes: and if a Troll moves to the U.P. they become a Trooper. :p

dp7955

We're going to live there. My mother is getting up in age and I'm her only child, so we thought it would be best if we were nearer to her. She lives in Tucson Meadows on the south east side of Tucson. It is a 55+ community that has manufactured homes. In the rear of the property they have RV parking and so that's where we'll be staying for at least a year (although neither my husband nor I are 55 yet, they have given special permission so we can be near my mother).

Thanks for the info! Perhaps we'll get a chance to check out other parks while we're there. And that's a definite big 10-4 on getting together for coffee!

If you Live from Graling north to the Mighty Mac then you would be a troll, Trolls live just below the bridge. Anything south of that is called a flatlander

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well I guess I ducked being a Troll.. We are just visiting.. Went to the Island today. Was going to stay here a couple of more days but there seems to be a car show coming to town and they don't have an opening after Wednesday, SOOOO we are hitting the road tomorrow. We travel full time so we are from the last place we left.

BTW.. Thanks Ray.. We will see you on the 29th and get even... LOL..

We will keep a light in the window if anyone drops by.. Keep the HOP (Location) up to date and maybe we will cross paths..

BC

Ernie & Lettie

Jewels55 when you get to tucson in aug it will be hot and humid, we are getting hot now and next month we will start getting more humid, Since living here for 31 years, this june has been one of the nicest as far a temps go, today started to get hot, triple digits for the next week. we are about due to start monsoon weather. Later Ernie & Lettie

Jewels55

Don't you mean Yooper??:rolleyes: and if a Troll moves to the U.P. they become a Trooper. :p

Ooops! Your right! Guess that goes to show how long its been since I lived there.

I wonder... what if Billy Goat Gruff is on the bridge... how does that work into the Yooper/Troll/Trooper equation????

Jewels55

Jewels55 when you get to tucson in aug it will be hot and humid, we are getting hot now and next month we will start getting more humid, Since living here for 31 years, this june has been one of the nicest as far a temps go, today started to get hot, triple digits for the next week. we are about due to start monsoon weather. Later Ernie & Lettie

Howdy Ernie & Lettie,

My Mom said it's been really nice there this June.

Here in Corpus Christi we have been in the high 90's with 70 - 90% humidity (and no rain). But then again, we're on the Gulf of Mexico, so just by its location near water, we're always very humid.

Ernie & Lettie

Well yesterday was 103 but was not humid, today was 104 and a little more humid. Today we seen more storm clouds coming in from the east, so the monsoon is starting to gain speed. Usually starts around july4th or a little after. We need the rain,been kunda of dry. later Ernie & Lettie

Jewels55

Well yesterday was 103 but was not humid, today was 104 and a little more humid. Today we seen more storm clouds coming in from the east, so the monsoon is starting to gain speed. Usually starts around july4th or a little after. We need the rain,been kunda of dry. later Ernie & Lettie

Even though, weather wise, its not the best time to move to Tucson, I think just the fact we're in Arizona and not south Texas will make up for it. :D ...nothing again Texas, its just time for us to move on!

Maybe once we get settle in Tucson we can get together for a cup of coffee or something :)