Ugh just don't know what to do

Im back guys! The RV is only 3 months old, I don't understand all these problems! So we finally got some vacation time and travelled to some National Parks for two weeks, not only did we have another hydraulic line bust due to poor crimping but the bottom left slide roller to the bedroom slide just came out of the wall. We were told that someone else with the same hydraulic issues spoke with Heartland and was told to just bring the RV to the factory and they would fix all the lines and other issues. I called Heartland today and was not so lucky. They don't do any service repairs we would have to go to a dealer or authorized repair person. We've had trouble already getting parts in a timely manner from Heartland, and I have been warned by so many people that dealers hate doing warranty work on RV's they did not sell. Keep in mind there are two of us as my brother is having lots of issues with his 2015 BigHorn. What should we do? This is so frustrating and the two Heartland employees we spoke with were completely disinterested, didn't take any information from me and just seemed to want to get me off the phone. I have worked in customer service for very high end luxury brands, I cannot fathom handling customers this way.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Try calling back and ask to speak with the brand manager. Sometimes even just calling back gets you another service rep that knows how to properly do their job.

Thanks djknick I'll try that. JohnDar I spoke with the customer service manager, when I asked to speak to his boss he said he was the boss...I guess he doesn't report to anyone, must be nice.

mikeandconnie

Enjoy your trip and call a Mobil Tech to fix it. If your under warranty call your customer service rep first for approval.

kowAlski631

Something's not tracking here. Heartland customer service has always exceeded my expectations. I (before retirement) was head of my company's customer service division, so my standards are exceedingly high. Call back and explain what happened in your prior call and ask for help.

olcoon

I think what John meant was to ask to talk to the brand manager. Each line has a GM in charge...Landmark, Big Horn, Big Country. Then on & on, talking to the customer service manager wasn't the same. Also, posting in the ATF section, may or may not get a response, they don't always monitor the forum, & probably just scan through it. I've post once in the ATF section, and not only got a response from the brand manager, but the factory called me the next afternoon! Good luck with your issues!

Gaffer

You said you were having trouble getting parts from Heartland in a timely manner. This is contrary to the experience many of us have had. Do you know this first hand or are you getting this story from your dealer? The later happens all too frequently.

Hi Gaffar our repair person had to keep calling to check on the status they eventually sent us a tracking number for the parts to be overnighted. We watched the tracking number for a few days and the package never moved from the factory. Finally I called, they never sent it because they didn't have the parts in stock. We had a hose made in town locally after that because it was a very serious issue and needed to be addressed quickly. The pocket door that needed to be replaced, was a problem I told them they make several RVs everyday....there has to be one somewhere in the huge factory. Got it eventually.

I'll try to figure out who the GM is for Big Country. I'm glad you guys have great customer service even before we got the RV it seems like we have to constantly call to make sure things are going as promised. And I did try explaining the situation to the customer service guy but he was in no way apologetic didn't ask any questions, for any info (even my vin number) or for me to explain in more detail. He just said Heartland doesn't do repairs you have to go through a dealership, that's the way its always been done.

MCTalley

Joel is very responsive. We had a couple questions when we were looking at our current Big Country and he answered my questions promptly.