underbelly leak

NSNorthtrail

Hi All,

Over the past month I have noticed a leak coming from the back side corner of my TT. it is on the side that has the slide on it. I got under the unit the past weekend and observed a drip coming from the underbelly against the inner wall across from the sewer outlet. This leak only occurs when my running water system is charged (City water on or water pumpon when city water is not connected). The TT is completely dry inside. I even took the panels off under the sink and ovens and looked in there. Completely Dry. Anyone have any ideas as to where this water is coming from and is it doing any damage??
Peter

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
Do you have the skin on the belly? Our trailer picks up rain when traveling and then when we set up a certain way it drips out. There are threads here about that. I poked some holes in the lower part of ours so the water would drain more efficiently. Hope that is all that is wrong with yours.

NSNorthtrail

Hi Chainsaw, Thanks for your reply. I had thought that was indeed what was going on. Rain making its way out. Until I observed it happening on suuny days and to futher this it only happens when I have my water system charged(city water attached or water pump turned on). So it has to be leaking from my water ststem somewhere.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
When you have the time, I would drop the underbelly and look around. You may not see anything inside but I would not take the chance that there might be some wood getting wet. I could be something as simple as a loose clamp in a water line.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I remember a thread where one guy found that the fittings on the pump etc were only finger tight.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Since it occurs with either the city water or pump, it could be a faulty PEX fitting or a connection at the water heater. I developed a leak from a plastic PEX fitting in my basement last spring that required redoing a bit of plumbing with brass PEX fittings. I caught it while using the water pump (in winterize mode) to flush the antifreeze while drawing from a jerry can full of fresh water.

Do you have an outside shower ? Some folks have had a leak at the fitting that hooks to shower ! I had a leak that only hapened when I filled the water tank (fresh) It was leaking at the hose going to the top of the tank, I would see water running out of the underbelly when we pulled out of the drive ? It only took me 2 years to find it . Go to bed some night with just the water pump on no city water,
and listen for the pump to run for a second If you hear it run once in awile you have a plumbing leak somwere. Good luck

Dale

NSNorthtrail

Thanks all for your replys. It is the underbelly that is attached to the side of the trailer. I don't even know where to start to take it off. The black under belly would be alot easier to remove but that is not where it is leaking. It is coming from hard against the inside wall underneath. And yes it is a leak as the water pump will come on for a split second every once in a while.

Dale, Did your unit leak when you were hooked upto city water??

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Pete,
The water heater is just one of the spots that have a history of leaks. In my case, the leak was near it in the PEX jungle, but not directly connected to it. And with the way stuff is just "stuffed" under the underbelly cover, the leak could be on one side and coursing down the other. Good luck finding it. If you can take some photos of what you're describing, it would help.