Underbelly lining full of water

mdedgett

I have recently discovered the underbelly liner was sagging. I poked it with a knife and water ran out for several hours. Apparently I have a leak somewhere. I removed the access panels to behind the UDC, under the shower and bath sink, and around the water heater. I could find no evidence of a current or old leak on anything that I could access. Of course this tells me nothing of the kitchen area nor the waste tanks. Does anyone have suggestions of what the cause may be?

danemayer

Hi mdedgett,

Since you didn't find any leaks near the UDC, I'm guessing the water is in the rear section. If so, and if there are no apparent leaks in the kitchen, you might have a problem with the fresh tank.

If you're hooked up to city water, a failure in the water pump internal check valve will allow water to flow back into the fresh tank, overfilling it.

Try opening the fresh tank drain to see if water comes out under high pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Last season I had the same issue, and it turned out to be valve on the back side of the water heater. If I am not having a senior moment I think it was the outlet and would only leak when the hot water was turned on. Good luck solving your issue.

Pizzaguy

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/29254-Draining-the-coroplast?p=229963&highlight=#post229963

This is what I found on our last BH. Have not had any issues with this on the new one. Look for post #6.

4ever

Do you have an ice maker in your refrig? I had a leak once and water in the underbelly and it was from a leak in the small hose that goes to the ice maker. Check for that. There is a shut off valve for that hose in the basement behind the UDC.

I have a Bighorn 3185, 2013 year. I too have water pouring out of the underbelly around the steps once I start to move from my campsite. There is no evidence of a leak while parked. The water is clean with no odor so I think it's good water. This happens while dry camping and with full hook ups. I am still under warrenty and Camping World of Ocala,Fl couldn't find it. I now have it back and plan a short trip next week to see if it happens again. I have an island kitchen and frig w/ ice maker and thats all the water lines that should be in that area Wayne v.

brianharrison

Have you travelled in the rain recently? I have had water accumulate in the rear of the belly on wet roads. Brian

neilandnanci

We had the same problem and it turned out to be a leak in grey water tank up at the valve. There was a crack and we had to have the tank replaced. I do not know if that is your problem or not, but might be worth checking out.

sengli

mine was the black tank flush check valve, behind the shower. plus I had a leak on the backside of the UDC as well.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
X2 on driving in the rain. A simple way to find out if you have a leak is. Drill a small hole (1/4") in the low spot in the coroplast. Let all the water drain out. Then go use the coach...if water starts dripping out, then you have a leak. If not, its coming in while driving.