Walking on top of the slides

btbaillie

When I camp under trees for a couple of weeks, I like to clean off the top of the slides before retracting them. I can walk on the roof and do the best I can with a broom but I sure would like to get on the slide and clean it very well.

I am afraid to step on the slide itself.

How do you clean the top of the slides???

Bruce & Lu

dbbls59

I would not walk on the slide roof. Get a longer broom handle or do like I did and get slide toppers.

whp4262

I weigh 170 and I have climbed on top of the off door slide, the one with the couch, to inspect the seals on my Cyclone 3914. I wasn't worried about the weight on the slide since it can support people sitting on the couch but I was a bit concerned about the roof but the roof seems really solid and doesn't flex or move.

SGeohagan

We have slide toppers, but before we had them installed on our former SOB, I purchased a light weight leaf blower. Worked like a charm.

Garypowell

We run the room almost closed....maybe leave 9 inches or so and then I have a extension brush we use to wash the unit. I go out and run it down the gap I have left and drag off what is up there. This seems to work for us. When it rains I have been very pleased with the seals on this RV.....is does a real good job of wiping the water off.

I don't think I would get on the slides.....on the tops I mean. Obviously the slide is built to take the weight.....but on the inside. I have no problem walking on the roof and then I lay down to inspect or do work on the tops of the slides.

Speedy

When our roof peeled back on the way to the 2012 national rally we had three Heartland Techs standing on the slides. I asked if it was OK for me to do that and they said that the slide roofs are stronger than the main roof. Since my real ladder is too short to reach the top of our BC I just climb onto the dinning room slide and then walk up to the main roof area.

scottyb

When our roof peeled back on the way to the 2012 national rally we had three Heartland Techs standing on the slides. I asked if it was OK for me to do that and they said that the slide roofs are stronger than the main roof. Since my real ladder is too short to reach the top of our BC I just climb onto the dinning room slide and then walk up to the main roof area.

Same thing for me. When I did my PDI, the tech and I went up on the roof. He stepped on the slide roof and said it was stronger than the regular roof. I have been on mine a couple times when applying conditioner to the seals. Of course I'm not bouncing around up there, but I have to say at 230, it does feel solid.

donr827

I have always walked on my slide roofs and they felt stronger then the roof itself. The mechanic that did the PDI for me said that it was fine to walk on the roof. This might change with a different model or brand.
Don